upstate yank

B-80 8 speed

upstate yank

i was wondering if another collector might have a carburetor for a model B-80 -8 speed with the K-181-S motor ;the one on it is no good ;it is a walbro number 16 i believe ; the numbers stamped on the side are 16-2622 ;numbers on the tag are as follows 30629d- A 273685 ;thanks 

Wildhorse

I got a brand new one off eBay cheap. Theres a bunch on there, just search for Kohler K181 carburetor. There not Walbro but they work just as good and I've had no problems. If your float is good on walbro I would take plastic one off new carb and put that one on ( brass one is a lot better).

• Like 1

upstate yank

thanks for the reply back and yes i have checked out so many on the bay it seems i am really not sure which one to buy as i did buy one for my K-341 but the choke was set up different ; and still wouldn't work ;but after time i was able to get it to run ;but now with the 80 it seems there is no gas going into the bowel ;i did gravity feed it as well and still no gas going in 'i do have another carb that came off a 8 horse kohler but the mounting holes were about 1/16 off from the bolts to thread on; i was told that due to the float being plastic the rebuild kit is over 50 bucks ;i feel for that type of money i could find another that would fit 'to me it seems to be that the float doesn't drop down as it should but heck i am no expert on these things;plus i was told that nothing other than a walbro would work ;thanks again for the reply as i really appreciate it 'yes i agree that the brass is so much better then plastic '

ebinmaine

Have you called A - Z Tractor ?

One if our listed vendors.

Maybe his price is more reasonable.

T-Mo

I moved this to the Wanted forum in the Classified section.