johnnymag3

Why aren't 418 A Tractors mentioned anywhere?

johnnymag3

I never see the 418 A tractor listed in ANY of the Tractor Data sites, or even the Toro site? What's the deal. I know it was made for only one year, but shouldn't it be recognized anyway?

Thanks 

John

rmaynard

Try searching 31-18KE01

pfrederi

I do not think it is intentional.  i have one myself...only eaton hydro I have.

953 nut
1 hour ago, johnnymag3 said:

never see the 418 A tractor listed in ANY of the Tractor Data sites, or even the Toro site? What's the deal.

:confusion-confused:                 Most of the posts that are started are because the owner is experiencing a problem and the 418 A is just so dependable that there is no reason to post on it.         :ychain:

If you do a search for 418 you will find several posts have been done. Some may be the 418 H or 418 C, both very similar. Also the 417s are very often covered and have very little difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:                 Most of the posts that are started are because the owner is experiencing a problem and the 418 A is just so dependable that there is no reason to post on it.         :ychain:

If you do a search for 418 you will find several posts have been done. Some may be the 418 H or 418 C, both very similar. Also the 417s are very often covered and have very little difference.

Except for the darn idiot lights:P

• Like 4

dcrage

Well mine is sitting waiting for me to find the fuel delivery issue and the electrical gremlins and replace the steering wheel I bent when I rolled it (dumd ass me) and putting Matt’s foot control on!

953 nut

None of these are model specific to your :wh:, they all need fuel delivery, electrical and operator errors repaired.

22 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Except for the darn idiot lights:P

418 C didn't have them, one of many things I like about mine.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

SPINJIM

The 418A is my favorite WH out of the dozen in my collection.   I suspect that when the 520 and 518 were introduced for 1988, Wheel Horse felt that the 418 competed with it, so they discontinued the 418.    It wasn't until 1991, when the variable ratio steering was introduced on the 520, that the 520 was really that much better than the 418A.  Personally, I like the Kohler 18 twin better than the Onans.   Easier to service, and parts more available.   If I ever find a variable steering linkage, I'm going to put it on the 418A.

P1010834 (1).JPG

• Like 3

19richie66

Well kept secret 👍

• Haha 1

johnnymag3

I guess im fortunate to have 2 418 A's that have perfect working test lights then.. Hmmmm

richmondred01

The 418-8 are harder to find then the 418-a.

everyone seems to know that only (225) 520-8 were produced however no information seems to be available for the 418 models.

if anyone knows i would be interested. 

Edited by richmondred01

johnnymag3

Seems hard to believe that the 418 8 tractors are more rare, ive only seen a handful of A's

John