953 nut

Wiring diagrams to help you understand how it is done.

Thats exactly what I was looking for     FANTASTIC    Thank you          Dielectric grease on the splices???? or not

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

Dielectric grease on the splices

That would be a very good idea.

• Like 1

You da man, Richard :text-bravo:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Title typo aside this thread should be pinned Dick. :thanks: The only one I see missing is the one for the 70 amp solenoidless three term switch. Also if you have the cigar lighter that can be wired off the lighting point. 

Edited by WHX19
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WHX19 said:

typo

Fixed it, thanks.

These tend to be some of the frequently asked questions that can't be answered by referring folks to the wiring diagram in the manuals.

• Excellent 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Amoootray
      I have a 552 with a 5.5 hp Tecumseh that has was running then one day would not start cause it had no spark . I cleaned the points put it back together and still have no spark. Looking for magneto parts and having trouble finding parts wonder if anyone could help me locate one .
    • By RJ Hamner
      Let me first say that it ran when I brought it home.  Drove it around the guys yard, tried out the mower, drove it onto the trailer and drove it off the trailer and into the garage.
      I've done a "ground up" restore on the tractor (70 Charger 12).  Swapped out the breakerless for a battery ignition and swapped out the 10 amp for a 15 amp stator, flywheel and regulator.
      Pulled the head, looked pretty good, new head gasket and head bolts.new fuel pump, fuel lines,new switches and wiring, new aftermarket carb, new coil, coil wire, new points, new throttle and choke cables.
      Static timed (twice just to make sure) Have tried Autolite 216's and the hotter 437's. changed the condenser to the high dollar Kohler one.
      It will idle but when I give it some throttle it stumbles or will rev up a little then quits.
      I've gone thru the "trouble shooting " steps multiple time and to no avail
      Anyone got any ideas??  I am willing to try most anything at this point

Bob
    • By WingfieldWheelHorse
      Howdy Folks,

I am hoping one of you knowledgeable lot will be able to help me out. I am fixing, as a surprise for my father, the ignition (that he took apart initially!) on our Wheel Horse 312-8. As we are in the UK we have struggled to get the ignition and loom which would have made this slightly easier. as the previous loom had melted slightly and a few wires came 'melted together'. And it is here where my problem lies. I have managed to get an ignition from a reputable provider here in the UK, but failed to get the loom. After visiting various local dealers they recommended I just connect the wires using spade connectors. 
      From images of the ignition prior, I have been able to connect most of the wires into the new ignition with ease however where some of the wires were twisted and burned together I am struggling to work out which wires go to the remaining terminals. I have found various manuals (most helpful one attached) and think I have followed them well. However I am left over with a small red wire of which I am unsure as to where it goes.
      The three wires I was left with were: a white wire, a large red wire, and a small red wire. I know that the small red one but join either the big red or the white but I am unsure.
      What I would have ideally is someone being able to send across a photo to ensure that I can't get this wrong or to be able to say definitively where it joins. Furthermore if you can see any basic errors you feel I may have made an help on that would be graciously accepted. 
      This is my first post but as I try to fix more and more parts it certainly won't be my last!
      Hope you can help gang!

B

***This is all the info I have on the mower:
      Toro 312 - 8 Cast Iron Kohler 12 HP Engine
      42" side discharge
      Manufactured circa 88/89

Vin/Model No: 78346
      Serial Number: 3900161
      Parts & Service Manual - E1 12K802/ R1-12 K01 8 Speed ***

• By 1.big.l
      hi guys and gals
      im new to this forum and a new owner to a used 1970 wheelhorse electro 12 model # 1-7255
      i paid 20$ for it off some guy knew nothing about it nor did i try and see if it ran. what caught my attention was the hydraulic deck lift and i wanted it!!! so i brought it home cleaned everything up to find out mickey mouse had a nest behind the gas tank and a few wires were chewed. i also noticed a few switches and a flasher relay in there. I think someone hacked it all up. and i dont think this tractor had any of them but i want to get rid of the useless garbage and re wire this whole thing the way its suppose to be. ive searched everywhere and cant find a wiring diagram anywhere!!! also maybe someone can tell me what these controls do? i know the big white switch is head lights and obviously the key is ignition and start and the big knob to the left is the choke but thats all i know. the little metal switch is an on/off switch to what i dont know and the one next to it is a 3 position switch in to i dont know. and the white in the top right has a flasher relay connected to it. If someone can tel me what belongs there and what doesnt i think it will make more sence. Like if there doesnt need to be a fuse in the circuit like the 69 charger diagram ive been seeing then ill re wire it accordingly. But then i see brake lights in a diagram its all a mess! I dont know what belongs and what doesnt

im also missing misc. parts like the mule drive which i know, boogey wheels and im missing a cover that goes ontop of where the shifter would go if it was a 3-4 speed. can anyone tell me what the plate is called so i can try and find it on ebay?

thanks for your help i will answer any questions oupload any pictures you want to help better your response

by the way!!!! this has a foot throttle conversion before anyone says anything about the trottle missing. it does have the electric pto. and i know the fuse holder is broken.

• By RusTia
      Hi all, I stumbled across this forum while trying to diagnose an issue with a 314-8 GT my dad handed down to me when he bought a new one this past spring. He purchased it in August, 1997 and it has been used for general yard work and lawn mowing. It has had a great life so far with no major issues until late last summer when all of a sudden it would not start.

The engine would turn, but not fire up. After some playing around with the carb, I determined that it was not getting fuel when trying to start. However, I would just manually add fuel to the bowl to start it, and it would start right up. Once it started, it got fuel no problem and would run great for hours while cutting grass. A week would go by and I would have to do the same manual adding of fuel to get it to start, but it would run fine again. This went on all summer as I had no time to really look at it. I just assumed it had something to do with the ignition system not activating the fuel pump, but once it turned over, the fuel pump worked as designed.

Then one day toward the end of the summer, I turned the key and nothing. No crank at all. The battery is still good and the lights on the panel would light up, but the engine would not turn or even make a sound.

In searching the forum, I think I have narrowed it down to ignition module, starter, or solenoid. However, I don't want to order parts that I may not need so I am hoping to get some experienced guidance. My thoughts are that the two issues described above are related. Perhaps the fuel issues in the middle of the summer were symptoms of a part going bad, but still able to limp along. The final issue of not starting was when the part finally gave out. Or, perhaps they are not related and I have multiple things to look into.

I would greatly appreciate any information and/or advice. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize. I thought it would go best in the engine since I am not entirely sure what the issue is.