clueless

Oil seal ?

clueless

My trans on my 1988 312-8 is from a 2003 314-8, it has the 1-1/8 axles. Last year when I installed it I flushed it and put new oil in it, after it would leak a little around both seals. I figured it some residual diesel leaking, so I just used it and keep a rag under it. It eventually stop leaking, now after a few hours of tilling the right side is leaking again not much just a small spot on the floor this morning. From what I've found the seal is #10043, and there are two on each side, is this correct? Also this is the first time I've used it since last summer, maybe still a little diesel still leaking I'm going to keep a rag under it for awhile and see, it has less then 600hrs on it. Just checking if the number and quantities are correct.

Racinbob

It's 100443 and yes, 2 per side. I'm wondering if you might have nicked them when last installed. :)

• Like 1

clueless
7 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

It's 100443 and yes, 2 per side. I'm wondering if you might have nicked them when last installed. :)

Thanks, Bob. The trans is off a 2003 314-8 with less than 600hr I'm assuming the seal are original, I didn't change the seal when I installed it on the 312. 

• Like 1