nylyon

New Horse Hauler

Sparky

Gorgeous!! Mega cab and cab lights!! 

Congrats :auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

nylyon

I can't describe how happy I am at the moment, and not just because I have a new truck.

• Like 5

stevebo

Karl-

I am very happy for you. I will one day buy something new but for now I have to keep polishing my 02'. Best of luck to you with that sweetheart. 

• Like 2

Aldon

Nice truck Karl!

really nice!!

it is awesome to spoil ourselves occasionally.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Sweet ride Coach! 

• Like 1

Rob R

Wow! way to go Karl.... love the color love the Cummins...…   make sure you stop on your way-by sometime SOON..... green with envy...….

• Like 1

wheelhorseman

Nice Karl! :woohoo:

• Like 1

slammer302

Looking good!

• Like 1

Terry M

Awesome looking truck there, Karl !!!

• Like 1

squonk

Go Big or Go Home! Gotta have cab lights for Haulin! :occasion-xmas:

When you said you got a truck you won't have to work on I thought you bought a Tundra! :ychain::ychain::text-imsorry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66

Nice gift to self. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

rmaynard

Very nice! Nothing like the smell of a new truck. 

Now, when it needs service, take it to the dealer...:angry-nono:

• Like 2

T-Mo

Congrats, Karl, you graduated into a "real" truck with the Ram.:woohoo:  Seriously, though, I have always been a fan of the Dodge/Ram trucks, so I am a bit bias, though none of the manufacturers make bad trucks.  That is one nice looking rig you have there.

Again, congrats.

• Like 1

dclarke

Now that's a truck!  Very nice, Karl! 

• Like 1

ACman

Karl you’re gonna love that truck and congratulations :) .... my son works at the proving grounds and they put them through the ringer :auto-layrubber: . Don’t ask how I know :ph34r: ...let’s just say if they want something broke they have the right man on the job :lol: !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Almost like my Big Horn and love your color Coach. Not sure if I like the mega cab, gotta be like driving a school bus???:) These trucks sure do haul the mail when it comes to going to tractor shows! You are going to love the tow/haul mode and engine braking. Gobs of power from that turbo.  Right now I am only averaging 19-21 mpg empty, 14+- with a tandem load of tractors, but with less than 4K on the clock they say it will shoot up to around 26 once broken in at 20k. Heard tell the best way to break the Cummings in is under loads.

How about those flip downs in the rear and under floor storage.:greetings-clappingyellow: I have since put a cap on and don't have the fifth wheel package but could always be added.

Certainly is a learning curve on how to pilot these beasts with all the gadgets & widgets. Almost too many as they tend to distract one's eyes from the road. Best bet is learning everything parked in the driveway...with the missus or kids in the passenger seat so they can run the electronics while the operator operates. Sometimes its does seem to take a co-pilot! 

Maybe even take a little nap in it while your there!:sleeping-yellow:

With the backup camera you will be able to drop the hitch right on the ball without ever getting out or having a spotter.

Can't hold a candle to this site but here is the best forum I have found. http://www.ramforumz.com/

20170812_171503[1].jpg

20180609_175003.jpg

Edited by WHX19
  • Like 4

nylyon
2 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Now, when it needs service, take it to the dealer...:angry-nono:

My entire family is totally onboard with this one!

23 minutes ago, WHX19 said:

How about those flip downs in the rear and under floor storage.:greetings-clappingyellow: I have since put a cap on and don't have the fifth wheel package but could always be added.

Can't hold a candle to this site but here is the best forum I have found. http://www.ramforumz.com/

So this truck is primarily for towing our 5th wheel, which is about 13K lbs.  I got the Mega cab because the heated rear seats recline and there is way more room for longer trips.  It doesn't seem any longer than my old F250.  Unfortunately the Mega doesn't have the under floor storage, just behind the rear seat is something, but nothing like the crew cab floor bins.  I would have liked those.  

I was looking for a good forum, thank you!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
12 minutes ago, nylyon said:

the Mega doesn't have the under floor storage

Ahh I see, Did you get the very expensive diesel filler cap as well? :lol: If so Amazon has some nice billet ones for eight bucks. Let me know for a :text-link:

You won't even know that camper is behind you and won't even make it squat. Well maybe a little, Did you happen to get the leveling package? 

The bad news about these rigs I have been told is the front suspension/axle sometimes has a problem with handling the weight of the motor but can neither confirm nor deny those claims. Might be true in extreme off roading which you nor I will probably never do.

nylyon

I did not get the leveling package that is the only option this truck does not have.  My current camper pin weight is less than 2K, so it's not an immediate concern, but if I can ever afford to upgrade the camper, maybe have to think of something.  Good thought on the fuel cap!  The cap-less filler tubes always concerned me with dirt getting in there.

Daddy Don

Nice:happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Best of luck. A beauty.

Glenn

• Like 1

Zeek

Nice Karl! (That leaves more Ford's for the rest of us :teasing-poke:)

I'll bring a tow strap to pull you Dodge guys out when they get stuck. Here's a picture from my owners manual :teasing-wedgie::laughing-rolling:  (Seriously, all the new trucks are sweet :orcs-cheers:)

20171023_225459(3).jpg.8ea46d1d3c3e04db170b94371fb49427.jpg

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

squonk
4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Nice Karl! (That leaves more Ford's for the rest of us :teasing-poke:)

I'll bring a tow strap to pull you Dodge guys out when they get stuck. Here's a picture from my owners manual :teasing-wedgie::laughing-rolling:  (Seriously, all the new trucks are sweet :orcs-cheers:)

20171023_225459(3).jpg.8ea46d1d3c3e04db170b94371fb49427.jpg

I see stretch marks from pulling that house you call a fifth wheel around! :lol:

• Thanks 1

clueless

My, that is a big one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1