Stallter

Help

Stallter

Hello I have been looking and calling and seem not to be getting anywhere on this we have a tractor I was told 67 but my google search told me 62 so am uncertain but we are looking to sell her we have not used her down here in Florida how ever she was used up in Michigan on both property's when we lived there Wheel Horse I am going with 702 series since the sticker says 702. I am really new at this so please and guidance would help me thank you. 

IMG_20180609_133532.jpg

IMG_20180609_133744.jpg

Edited by Stallter
  • Like 5

pfrederi

Welcome.  Stickers hoods etc can be swapped out over 50 years and are not reliable indicators.    Really need to post a picture

Stallter

IMG_20180609_133744.jpg

IMG_20180609_133532.jpg

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Many of the parts (lift sector, dash tower supports, clutch pedal, screw on dash plate, flat front frame...) and the matching patina of the parts all indicate that your guess of a 1962 model 702 is probably correct, and appears mostly original. A few parts are replacements... steering wheel and seat for example... and I'm curious about the hole in the hood....what's sticking out?

:WRS:

• Like 2

Mike'sHorseBarn
17 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

Many of the parts (lift sector, dash tower supports, clutch pedal, screw on dash plate, flat front frame...) and the matching patina of the parts all indicate that your guess of a 1962 model 702 is probably correct, and appears mostly original. A few parts are replacements... steering wheel and seat for example... and I'm curious about the hole in the hood....what's sticking out?

I'm curious too as to what that is! Definitely looks like a 702 to me. Pretty good shape too minus the few replacements as previously mentioned.

:text-welcomeconfetti: TO :rs:

Stallter

When I went out there to see that is the oil dip stick 

• Like 1

Stallter

And thank you for the warm welcome ya'll

Mike'sHorseBarn
2 hours ago, Stallter said:

When I went out there to see that is the oil dip stick 

Well :scratchead:........that shouldn't be lol 

Stallter

I didn't think that should be there either from all the searches I have done on her in the last couple of days none of them had that on there hmm:unsure:

Edited by Stallter

Mike'sHorseBarn

Looks like the correct engine, but I'm assuming that a previous owner got tired of unscrewing the thumb screws and taking the hood off every time they wanted to check the oil, so hence we have a modification.  

• Like 4

Stallter

Yes I agree with you there and I am sure an easy fix with the proper item that belongs to her 

• Like 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, Stallter said:

62 so am uncertain but we are looking to sell her we have not used her down here in Florida

:text-coolphotos:   When I lived in Florida it was nearly impossible to find a :wh: there. A 702 should sell well to any Florida collector.  Place a for sale ad on this site and see what happens.     http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/for-sale/

• Like 1

Stallter

Oh thank you so much for that info. Now a huge question what would be a good price to go for I have no clue and I don't want to put a price that is too high and or to low 

953 nut
5 minutes ago, Stallter said:

what would be a good price to go for

Is it in running order with a good transmission that works in all gears? If it runs and drives well and all four tires hold air I wouldn't be shy about asking $ 400 in Florida. A collector would be willing to pay a good price as he wouldn't have to traverse a long distance to get it. 

Stallter

Oh yeah she works wonderfully I do know that since it has sat for a minute I will need to do the oil again and I am going to buy a new battery I have tires for her off to the side I personally use a push mower but when I used her up in Michigan when we was up there I just loved how she made my lawn look after I was done

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

:text-welcomeconfetti::wh:. To red square.

Glenn

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Stallter :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

• Like 1

jay bee

:WRS: Stallter

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Stallter

Does anyone know where I can find the original seat and steering wheel by chance

Stallter

Thank you 

Stallter

I have an other question if that's okay.? I posted the wheel horse up on craigslist down here someone is coming to look at tomorrow now the price I put was 1000 due to that is just me I always put a larger amount I have no clue just who I am now the person texted me with this,,, I am willing to purchase the correct parts for it and restore the tractor but cannot afford to do so at your asking price compared to others that are for sale. Now I do know that those parts need to be restored what do you think the best price I should go to. Or is all that a stupid question,?

AMC RULES

Seems like, in my area of the country, you've doubled the realistic asking price. Ditto on the $500 estimate above, but, I'm thinking that's kinda towards the upper end of the scale based on the fact that it's got some issues, & needs some parts to put it back to factory original.