WHNJ701

a simple idea that turned into a project

WHNJ701

a simple idea has now turned into a project, I started my second part restoration after the 701 turning now to the 551, Saturday was a perfect day for painting so I figured pull the wheels off the 854 to paint antique/almond, I hate flat white on red tractors, well is my go to mower, I bought it a few years ago as an abused x puller that was then left outside to the elements, so I returned it back to stock and put a deck on it to cut the back field.  this one I bought use with the idea someday restore if I find a newer rider. no way!
anyway I knew the seals leaked so I figured now it's time, much to surprise I got the hubs off in 10 minutes, the s/g acts goofy sometimes, time for rebuild kit since it's down now, 
today it was showering and I worked inside buffing and compounding the 551 tins, well might as well grab the ones off the 854 washed them up and buffed then up too.  might as well give a tune up too while I am at. 
all this because of the bright idea to paint the wheels.  it is much needed attention but at the wrong time.  looks like next week I will have to cut with the old mans c85!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Aldon

Great story and start of new project.

pics when and if you get the chance:-)

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Funny how small simple projects turn into big jobs.But……...that is the fun part of this hobby.And,when you're done with these,you'll be looking for something else to do.Right??

• Like 1

WHNJ701

well back together for now cut with it today, didn't get s/g kit in the mail yet.  did change the axle seals, unfortunately right side bearing is going/bad, I see a tear down in future. might have to temp swap in a spare trans for awhile.  I did get the rims painted!

20180615_173011.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1