Wheelhorsenut#1

Can someone identify this cart

Wheelhorsenut#1

I bought this cart a couple years ago and I have never been able to find any pictures of another one like it. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me about it. 

Thanks 

9683DC6B-E1D2-4079-B3FB-CA3E71B065D6.jpeg

268D3E65-D2BA-4E25-AE91-E0447B2351E8.jpeg

C8F25F1C-B234-4AE5-82FC-589D2BA53BEA.jpeg

• Like 2

jellyghost

I like the simplicity of it.

953 nut

:WRS:

That appears to be home built using a wheelbarrow as the starting point, I have made one like it and get a lot of use out of it.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

It looks like a RADIO STEEL & MANUFACTURING COMPANY cart.

34341803_10211762011425659_8999756789381

The Radio Steel and Manufacturing Company located at 6515 West Grand Avenue in Chicago in 1962 employed 250 people who made their Radio Flyer brand toy wagons. In the Fall of 2004 they stopped their Chicago production and moved it to China.

Antonio Pasin started building wooden toy wagons in Chicago in 1917, selling them to area shops. His business grew until the Liberty Coaster Company, named in honour of the Statue of Liberty, was formed in 1923. The demands for these original wooden wagons, dubbed the "Liberty Coaster," quickly outpaced production. Incorporating the mass manufacturing techniques of the auto industry, Pasin began making metal wagons out of stamped steel in 1927.

In 1930, the company was renamed Radio Steel & Manufacturing. The renamed company produced steel-bodied wagons and used assembly line manufacturing techniques. The new Radio Flyer wagons were named as a tribute to two famous men of the day: Marconi and Lindbergh. Italian inventor and engineer Guglielmo Marconi developed, demonstrated, and marketed the first successful long-distance wireless telegraph and in 1901 broadcast the first transatlantic radio signal. Charles Lindbergh completed the first solo, non-stop flight across the Atlantic in 1927. Combining those two marvels, Pasin christened his new metal wagons "Radio Flyer".

In 1933, Chicago was the host of the World's Fair, Century of Progress, and Radio Steel was asked to be a part of the celebration. Antonio Pasin took on major debt to fund the construction of a 45 foot tall wood and plaster Coaster Boy statue depicting a boy riding a Liberty Coaster wagon. Below the Coaster Boy exhibit Pasin sold miniatures for 25 cents. During World War II, steel was essential war material; from 1942–1945, the company shifted production to portable five gallon Blitz cans for the US Army.
In 1987, Radio Steel changed its name to Radio Flyer after its popular flagship little red wagon. Today, the company produces a wide range of children's products, including scooters, bicycles, tricycles, ride-ons, horses, and wagons. Robert Pasin, Antonio's grandson, has been CEO since 1997. In 1998 the company partnered with Kaleidoscope to create a new product line that included tricycles, scooters, children's bicycles, a foot-powered red roadster, and a pedal-powered race car.
In 2015, Fortune named Radio Flyer number one in the top 25 best small businesses for which to work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Flyer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wheelhorsenut#1

Guys I appreciate the fast responses