J-Bore

Wheel Horse 312-8 engine id

J-Bore

My 312-8 is having fuel system issues and I'm getting ready to go through from tank to carb. The problem is the id info on the engine is rubbed off. The engine is a Kohler Magnum 12 and the tractor was bought new in Sept. 1988 and the engine is original. Should I find I need a kit or carb, how will I know the one to get? Is there an id number on the carb? Thanks for any help.

rmaynard

All carb kits for 7 through 16 hp Kohler engines are the same, whether Walbro or Carter carb.

gwest_ca

Your tractor could be any of these

1987 312-8 model 21-12K804 - Using M12S-471527

1988 312-8 model 21-12K805 - Using M12S-471527

1989 312-8 model 21-12K806 - Using M12S-471527 (The new 1989 models were just coming out in late September 1988)

Garry

953 nut

:WRS:

Bob is correct about the Carb. Kits. If you should need the engine model number in the future it should be M12S-471527. For best result be sure to use non-ethanol gas. http://www.buyrealgas.com/

J-Bore

Thanks guys. I think I would prefer to use a new carb. Any suggestions on where to search?

953 nut

Ebay has a lot of new Kohler replacement units manufactures in the Orient. Be sure to look at the choke linkage to be sure it matches yours.