Stepney

Electro-12 Tach a matic

Stepney

Hello, all. Well, after many years of waiting, I'm going to finally begin restoration of my 1968 Electro 12. Being 19 now, and the WH being in the family for many years, my intent is to make her good as new, for my future home. As of current, it has it's original old style mid hitch for a side-pulley 42" side discharge deck. I picked up a C-160 as a parts machine. From what I gather, the front tach-a-matic hitch can be bolted to the front, under the hood? 
The plan is to restore a 42"rd deck for future use with it, using a newer front mule drive. 

On that note, I am rebuilding the engine from the C-160 for this restoration. I know, some day, I would like to have a snowblower to run on it. I know where I could find an old 2-stage from a 1990's model. 
Now, with the 16hp, and the newer front hitch, running a snowblower would be possible, correct? I can't seem to find anything that would say against it, but I've never seen one mounted in person, either. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Glad to see some new projects started by our younger members. You will want to take a few measurements from the "C" to see where the mule drive would attach to the Electro. It has been done and there may be a thread or two on it. I know that @Aldon did this on a GT-14 which is the same vintage tractor.                   :wwp:

• Like 2

Stepney

Heh, well I've had quite a few WH's over the years. I had a B-80 I intended to restore a few years back, but some other things prevented that. This E-12 is what I grew up on and learnt to drive so it's quite sentimental. Here she is leaving my welding class after making some replacement parts and mending some things. It's had a hard life and needs just about everything imaginable repaired. Engine burns literally more oil than gas and had a loose wrist pin at one point, gouged the cyl wall. (Hence the C-160 engine). Rear end is pretty slushy. 
(BTW, yes that is a WH decal on the cab window:D)

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 10.14.14 PM.png

• Like 3

gwest_ca

Garry

pfrederi

My electro 12 (now a 16 hp) with the 5551 hitch.  Easy bolt on.  There is a thread somewhere on here that shows how to do some drilling and mount a front tachmatic on  older machines

IMG_0062 (2).JPG

IMG_0063 (3).JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Excellent 1