2 hours ago, CasualObserver said:

Looks like a new profile picture to me.... @WHX19

Capture.JPG

DONE!

• Excellent 7

ACman
On 6/10/2018 at 8:38 PM, Achto said:

DSCN2075-min.JPG.db42c0af97306078aa60ec537a2d9eac.JPG

From here it wasn't real pretty. All I can say is that Jim and his horse came out seemingly undamaged.

:omg:That could have been a very serious or even fatal injury . Thankfully the outcome was a good one Jim  :handgestures-thumbup: !

You never know ?

But in light of things I think the look on both of your faces says it all .... OOOOHHH 2EFF8EFA-C33F-46E6-9674-5768F4E20F01.gif.b3a52beefee9b8d9a5bfc7a5f6eeb14f.gif !!!

Edited by ACman
  • Haha 5

19richie66

I bet it wasn’t “crap” :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 6

953 nut
1 hour ago, WHX19 said:

Dan's ride was a bit wilder as his front end never touched the ground!

:text-coolphotos:        The best part is how hard he is cranking the steering wheel while the front tires are two feel in the air!       :ychain:

• Haha 4

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX19 said:

Dan's ride was a bit wilder as his front end never touched the ground! At the end we disconnected the weight box from the sled  and he had another run. She was a bit squirrely to say the least!

The only way that I could steer was to shift my weight side to side on the seat. Being a motor cycle rider for many years, my instinct was to lean in to the direction that I wanted to go. With a GT it is just the opposite, you have to shift your weight away from your intended direction. This would give the rear wheel on the out side of the turn more traction and cause the tractor to turn. My instinct for turning a bike kept taking over making me have to think about what I was doing to try to stay on the track. It was a good learning experience, but I would have to do it a quite a few times before the steering would become natural to me.

• Like 4

Shynon
5 hours ago, Achto said:

you have to shift your weight away from your intended direction.

5 hours ago, Achto said:

I would have to do it a quite a few times before the steering would become natural to me.

You may get some practice doing this.

20180609_121134.jpg.3c859e76cce2f42b3a2853b77e1cb35d.jpg

• Haha 5

WHX??

Recognize  the tractor I got up in the air Tom? @Shynon

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Looks like you all had a very great event in Plainfield!   Thanks for posting all the great pictures!

large.56b0da0c56021_BIGSHOWBANNERSLaneRanger.png.c6a7a4596e612d81f070c3c6c7579858.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PeacemakerJack

That’s one of the things that I try to remember when attending shows like this, especially plowing/pulling events.  There are some if you guys that can’t readily get to events like this because there is nothing close to where you live.  The pics and vids are a way for you to take part in the festivities.  Plus, ask my family, I love videoing life keeping a record of special events and day to day activities. It’s fun to look back and reminisce.  

Speaking of shows, one week from today and we are heading out to the BS! :happy-jumpeveryone: I’m starting to feel like @Coulter Caleb on this one! Can’t wait to meet in person many of you whom I’ve only ever met digitally!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

I have to get the gopro out and try to remember how to use it. Had it two years and my daughter has used it more than I have. Definitely need pictures. I have been watching the last couple of years videos on you tube. Thanks to all who post the pics and videos.👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

PeacemakerJack

:text-goodpost:Richie—I really need to pick up a GoPro one of these days, it would make for some really fun videos of plowing, shows, pulling, etc...putting the viewer “in the action”.  You’ll have to bring yours with you next week!

19richie66

I’ll have it for sure. 

Stormin

Great photo's lads. Thanks. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1