"Manic-Mechanic"

0 cat carry all

"Manic-Mechanic"

Hello,

I began using the carry all and the three point linkage won't go quite low enough to pick up a pallet. I believe the holes for the pins need to be raised a couple of inches.......

Oldman

100_1492.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:               Nice attachment, I need to build one of those!     :woohoo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

They are nice, but make sure and keep the load close to the tractor as possible. I had the front wheels off the ground going up the slope! That and the location of the hitch pins with respect to pallet height.......

• Like 1

Sarge

Exactly one of the three things the D will get as accessories for this summer's projects if I can get some other tasks out of the way first. The biggest project needed first is a wrecker attachment similar to modern "****** and go" designs used by repossession outfits. #3 will be a toolbar for ripper teeth and other things.

Sarge

• Like 2

pacer
36 minutes ago, Sarge said:

a wrecker attachment similar to modern "****** and go"

Oh goody Sarge! Have long wanted something along these lines - and from seeing some of your previous work it oughts be a goodun!

Just last week I'm merrily mowing with the D-200 and it dies way up in front, long way from shop (turned out the elec fuel pump failed) I go get the D-160 and by rigging the lift point off the top link on the 3 pt I was able to just barely lift the front wheels. A dedicated 'lifter' would come in handy.

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Well, back to the original question, what to do about the carry all not lowering enough to get under a pallet? I believe it is due to the higher rear wheels, sacrifice one thing for another!

953 nut
12 minutes ago, Oldman said:

what to do about the carry all not lowering enough to get under a pallet?

Like you said in your first post, move the pins up should do it.

• Like 1

Sarge

When I built the current A-frame for the D the lower attachment point pins were set up with two different holes to allow for two height ranges - in hindsight I should have made it 3 holes with one extending well below the crossbar angle iron. Mine will go nearly to the ground, but that attachment for its uses doesn't need it - the thing actually needs more height range. When fabricating 3pt accessories, it's tough to figure out all the geometry and possible range of motion limits to make things work right and fit the need - the wrecker attachment will be the most difficult. The thing must be able to nearly hit the ground, but also be capable of a fairly high lift height at the same time. Plus, it has to be able to pivot to allow turning. Road - going wreckers use a very heavily built load bearing pivot, this will need something pretty similar. The main cross arm off the pivot will be built to accept other tools, such as a general toolbar, or carry-all so the pivot must also have a means to lock it in the straight position. All this needs to clear the D's rear tires/chains, yet not be so far back that it kills the weight limit of the D's hydraulics. The goal is to be able to move a 1,500lb or more garden tractor if possible. Plus, I want it to be universal enough to fit other brand sub-compacts, such as my buddy's Kubota 2660.

I'm hunting a few specific parts at the moment, but should be able to start on it by next week unless I get called out to work.

Sarge

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

Remember the pictures.......