Aldon

Nose job- reconstructive surgery

19richie66

Very nice! Glad I could help you, kinda :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 4

stevasaurus

And here I thought you were sharing a bottle of Jack with somebody that became unfriendly.  :occasion-xmas:  You fished me right in Aldon.  :think:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Aldon

HahahahahaHhHhh:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ztnoo
3 hours ago, Aldon said:

Bent the weak metal cross piece at front of frame and scuffed the paint.

Oops!

You can't say its not warm enough to work in your garage now.......  :rolleyes:;)

• Like 1

peter lena

remember when things were made from steel?  nice piece, pete

• Like 1

Aldon

Well I have to travel out of town on business this coming week which puts my projects a significant risk of being even more incomplete than was already the case.

The paint decided to react poorly with the original paint sprayed on approximately 3 years ago. So I had to take it back down to the metal which I could not get to until this afternoon.

Not sure if weather will be optimal upon return from my business trip to get the finish paint on it. 

Got it primed today and i consider that 004D5C83-D0CF-4414-A010-A350DB96EF7B.jpeg.e9a6befb9c5c743a1f88bc41e0d01e99.jpeg06B88818-3B3C-40AD-BD71-CCA8889A3EE1.jpeg.cb1745774bc7e1097055573e3126fe9d.jpega big win considering life’s challenges these days.

• Excellent 3

Aldon

Well I had to get ready for my business trip but that went pretty fast. Had to deal with some car stuff but I got back just early enough that I decided I’d try and spray the red. That way it could cure for 4-6 days while I am away. Worst  case, I’d have to take it down to metal and prime it again. 

Well it it looks like it may turn out ok.

5C876D0E-A7AC-4FD7-9847-A89629B2E942.jpeg.2bcc9095dd808393cb402676dce7a312.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

ztnoo

@Aldon

Great repair job!!!

After looking at your workbench and the garage floor, I think I'll rename the place "The Red Haze Workshop".

I'll just replace the "Purple Haze" lyric in the first cut on Jimi Hendrix's first album entitled Are You Experienced, and we can all sing along while you labor there.

You now not only hold a PhD of GT 14 Repairs & Modifications, but have just attained the title Professor Emeritus of Shop Dust.

You can walk down the aisle to receive your honors and the assembled Red Square gang will sing the modified song lyric as opposed listening to the the mundane and boring Pomp and Circumstance.

rotfl.gif.4053e81e32059d29f4b85b4c945123b9.gif

Red haze, all in my brain
Lately things they don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Red haze, all around
Don't know if I'm comin' up or down
Am I happy or in misery?
What ever it is, that girl put a spell on me

Help me
Help me
Oh, no, no

Ooo, ahhh
Ooo, ahhh
Ooo, ahhh
Ooo, ahhh, yeah!

Red haze all in my eyes
Don't know if it's day or night
You got me blowin', blowin' my mind
Is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?

Ooo
Help me
Ahh, yea-yeah, red haze
Oh, no, oh
Oh, help me
Tell me, tell me, red haze
I can't go on like this
Red haze
You're makin' me blow my mind
Red haze, n-no, nooo
Red haze

5b1d213461d34_JimiHendrixAreYouExperienced.jpg.670bc135b8558b0315b49d467ac8a237.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Aldon

Well, there are plenty of places with paint chips etc on the rest of Elijah but the nose looks pristine again and I should have flipped the fronts a long time ago.

742E014A-1DC1-4EB7-B47A-D1EDD1D34F3A.jpeg.cbe6867ac53daa009db59aa933ba03d5.jpeg163EA231-2952-4545-B2C6-E5C0D5A09484.jpeg.d41c3717a6817fc53f82706df6349872.jpeg

• Excellent 3

Rob R

Love this tractor drives like a dream also... congrats Aldon...… 10-4 on front wheels......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zeek

Very nice! I also like that big a$$ Predator gen you got there too! :music-rockon:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aldon

Thanks. Live fairly rural. If we lose power, we lose heat and well water. So this was best option for generator. For the money.

• Like 1

Zeek

Yes, I wish they were available when I bought my house gen back in the late 90's. I was just reading about them for an RV setup and based on the experiences, I think I'm going to try them.

• Like 1