Bill D

Hydro Motion Control Shaft Seal

Bill D

I am looking for a seal for the motion control shaft on my 1990 416H.  Part number 56-3130 is now NLA from Toro.  Does anyone know what could be used to replace it?  Does this number cross with another suppliers part number?  I don't have the measurements of the seal as I don't want to disable the tractor until I have a seal in hand.  This seal should fit all Eaton 1100 hydros I believe.  Thanks.  Bill

Bill D

Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  I will try a couple of local dealers before I go that route.  I think the bigger issue is fining a replacement seal that hydro owners can use to repair their machines when necessary.  There are alot of Eaton 1100's out there still, and to not have this seal avaliable is going to be a big problem for us.

gwest_ca

Only thing I can find is the 112658 was replaced by 56-3130.

Garry

pfrederi
21 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

Only thing I can find is the 112658 was replaced by 56-3130.

Garry

Neither timken or SKF cross references worked  for either #  Timken found 112658 but it was for  3" shaft

Skipper

How about asking Eaton........................ ;-)

I'm guessing it would be part of a rebuild kit, and probably a generic size, readily available.

Perhaps just measure the shaft and the bore, and go to a bearing/sealing supplier.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

WHX??

Try calling NAPA with both those PNs in hand. I have been surprised by the times they have crossed seals for me. It's gotta be a common size seal just a matter of finding the right PN. Maybe some one who has one apart could get the dims for you. I currently have the seat pan off one, can't be too big of a job to pull the arm off and measure.

Bill D

If anyone can get dimension measurements that would be great.  I called all the local places that I thought might have a seal in stock, with no luck.  NAPA was unable to cross the number with the 56-3130 number.  I could try the 112658 number and see I NAPA has better luck with that one.  There was an old thread on here some where regarding changing the seal, but I can't seem to find it.  I am starting to think about parting this machine out and sticking with eight speeds.   Majestic's Hardware in Gardiner NY sell used parts and may be willing to buy the tranny off me.  I have an eight speed from a 417-8 that I could use to convert it.  Anyone out there interested?  Its a good hydro otherwise.  The seal only weeps slightly.  I just wanted to stop the leak before it got worse.

Skipper

IMO it is way hasty to part out a tractor because of a weeping seal, if everything else is OK. 

Have you tried Eaton? They still sell 1100 model, and carry full range of spares. They even have the drawings with the parts on............................

I'll see if I have an 1100 laying around I can gauge for you.

And someone pointed out a seal on ebay too. It's not impossible to get, but it may take a bit of trying..............

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1

Bill D

I found an old thread on the subject under Motion Lever Shaft, Oil Seal Replacement from Mastiffman.  He listed part number ER92999 in the write up.  My local NAPA wiill have it tommorrow.  I am just not a big fan of Hydros in general and I hate the motion control lever.  I wish this machine had a GT1848 style motion control lever, or better yet the foot pedal.  If I have time I would like to make a foot pedal setup for it.  I have too many tractors as it is now, and not enough time.

Bill 

WHX??

:hilarious:

27 minutes ago, Bill D said:

I have too many tractors as it is now, and not enough time.

You and just about everyone else here!

pfrederi

Size looks right and $9.68 beats the ebay asking price!!!

seal.JPG

Bill D

Thanks for all the help and advice.  WHX19 I love the laughing emoticon.

• Haha 1

WHX??

:handgestures-thumbupright: