moe1965

14hp kohler. Spark plug proper plug

moe1965

I have a 14hp kohler k321AS engine the champion plug it's calling for is a rc12yc plug.  Unless I'm reading the wrong info. It has a j8c in it now .  The plugs are noticeably different.    Which plug is correct?   This wheel horse is new to me so I don't know if the P.o. had the wrong plug in it.  Thanks in advance

20180603_162323.jpg

KC9KAS

Check this out @moe1965

KOHLER_SPARK_PLUG_CHART.xlsx

Something went wrong!

Edited by KC9KAS

953 nut

Champion H-10C gaped at .035 if you have a points ignition system. The J-8 is for a K-90 and the RC-12YC is for a Kohler twin.

• Like 1

moe1965

Thanks.  I have a k241s as well that has a j8c in it as well.  Is this the wrong plug as well???

Edited by moe1965

pfrederi

K241 also uses H10C...unless you prefer something that works under compression in which case autolite 216...(Sorry i wasted a lot of time a few years ago with a champion plug that would not  fire under compression...fool me once shame on you,... twice shame on me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
35 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

(Sorry i wasted a lot of time a few years ago with a champion plug that would not  fire under compression

Sorry Paul, I got all the good ones!     :ychain:

• Like 1