RJR66

Looking for Value on C100 Wheel Horse

RJR66

Hello.  I am new to the site so please excuse me if I am not posting this in the right forum or if this sort of information is already available elsewhere on the site.

I am looking to sell my dad's C-100 Wheel Horse tractor and having a difficult time getting an idea of what's a fair price would be on something like this.   So I've decided to come to the experts.  

What we have is a C-100 Wheel horse that has been garage kept.  It is fully operational and has a working mower deck, snow plow and garden plow, tire chains and fluid filled rear tires.   I think the only thing really worn on it is the seat itself.  I've attached a few pictures to to help give an idea of the condition.  Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions. 

Sincerely, RJR   

100_1005.JPG

100_1006.JPG

100_1000.JPG

100_1001.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701

that's a nice looking machine, you should keep it if you can

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs: RJR, and thanks for posting the pics of that great looking tractor.

Value depends somewhat on availability at different locations, but if that tractor runs as good as it looks......

I tend to break it down.

turning plow    $100

snow/dozer     $150

42" SD deck   $250

C-100 w/axle bracket   $500

That package would be worth $900 in my area.

• Like 6

RJR66

Thank you both for your advice.  Much appreciated.  

KC9KAS

@RJR66 Welcome to Red Square!

That is a fine looking machine! Maybe you should keep it and visit with us here!

953 nut

:WRS:

Don't want to probe into your personal business, but if my Dad had left me a treasure like that I would charisma and keep it forever. It is well worth $ 900 to $ 1,000 but you will probably have a time finding a buyer for a four decade old unit except for a bunch of :wh: nuts like us. If you want to list it in our classified section that would be a good place to start.

• Like 2

RJR66

Thank you for the advice and I have to admit I'd like to keep it but I'm recently married and there simply is no room at our house to keep it.  It was a dilemma...a nice tractor or a happy wife.  I was surely going to make the wrong decision but luckily my wife was there to enlighten me..  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tuneup

The best piece of marriage advice I ever received, and that was 30 years ago, was that in the house was hers. If she wanted a fan over the dinner table, fine - installed it. What's in the garage is mine. If that contains a dirty tractor, so be it. Of course, I'm a gear head so it keeps me happy. Goes both ways. Congratulations on your marriage!

• Haha 1

Herder

Just hide the WH some place where she cant find it, she's happy and your happy. Everyone wins! 

RandyLittrell

You should do what you want as it is yours, but you may kick yourself someday later on! 

Good luck. 

Randy

carl_desverre

Please keep this beauty.

I have a C-100 after my brother (who sadly passed away)

He had his C-100 to drive the kids to the lake in the trailer.

When I drive the same tractor, I think of him. I drive it with a smile when both my and his kids are singing in the back of the trailer on their way to the lake.

You have a very beatiful item, keep it as a memory, for both you and your future kids, they will love the tractor.

best regards cs

Edited by carl_desverre

RandyLittrell
On 6/8/2018 at 5:58 AM, RJR66 said:

Thank you for the advice and I have to admit I'd like to keep it but I'm recently married and there simply is no room at our house to keep it.  It was a dilemma...a nice tractor or a happy wife.  I was surely going to make the wrong decision but luckily my wife was there to enlighten me..  :)

OK, you say recently married. You are setting a dangerous precedent letting her win this early!! :ROTF:

Randy

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

But seriously, you will want a house and a yard at some point and a treasure like this from your Dad is something you can't replace. Can you find a relative to hang on to it? 

Randy

c-series don

Did you sell it or keep it? 

WildmanC120
2 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

OK, you say recently married. You are setting a dangerous precedent letting her win this early!! :ROTF:

Randy

Pretty much.  If my new wife couldn't help me find a place to keep my dads tractor then IDK if she is really worth keeping around.  These things literally take no room to store and I keep mine in a 8x10 shed with a motorcycle and all my shop stuff. 

IMG_20180802_191234.jpg

• Excellent 1