Sign in to follow this  
"Manic-Mechanic"

D-spindles 104394, 104395 factory angle?

"Manic-Mechanic"

Hello,

I have been working on the front alignment for an 18 auto. The spindles have a slight bend downwards where the ball joint fastens through. I have 1 " D axle & Spindles and find some are level and others are bent ever so slightly. Can anyone tell me what the factory angle would be? I have a great pair here one is level and one is bent slightly, perhaps it's to clear the excessive front tire side wall? Otherwise, if level, the ball joint hits the sidewall.......

20180529_184339_resized.jpg

20180529_184359_resized.jpg

Edited by Oldman

"D"- Man

I think both are supposed to be level, however; I have had a spindle that was slightly bent down, due to someone booking a chain on to pull the tractor side ways.  This resulted in the bell-crank breaking and the spindle being bent slightly.  Don"t ask me whose idea it was to hook the chain there.

• Like 1

Sarge

The 1" spindles I put on mine along with the trailer hubs were level. I did have one of the 3/4" spindles that one was bent down - I suspect it was a chain and the same result as "D"- Man....

Sarge

• Thanks 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

I will make sure both are level and have them for back up pair. I already spun my left side spindle and it was a task repairing that! The steering is a bit "slow" and I ran into my truck rear wheel! Lol