Sign in to follow this  
Guest fireman

Anyone in the CT area want to get together?

iicap

Fireman, I'll be coming, also if I can bring anything let me know.

As far as carpooling, Naugatuck, Danbury, would/could be on my way, I'll prob be traveling in a 1966 Ford F-250 pick up. I can stop and go with someone else or take 2 people with me. As of this writing there is no trailer hitch on the truck so I can't pull anybodies trailer but we can load 1 horse in back if someone wants, I don't have to bring one.

Fireman is there a safe place to park nearby incase you get a couple to many vehiches

Guest fireman

iicap,

This is the sticks. Don't have to worry about much here. I will put both my cars in the neighbors driveway to make room. I can use the other neighbors for 2 others if needed. We just need to figure on a time. I am home the whole day so whenever people want to come is ok.

Horse Fanatic

If I'm free, I'd love to come and put some faces with names and talk Wheel Horses. I'm in western MA.

Glenn

Bill

I'll be there, I'll have one maybe 2 tractors with me depends if Chris finds a trailer :thumbs:

whchris

so when is this? date and time? i would like to come just let me know thanks, chris

Guest fireman

Chris,

Sunday March 29th. in Sherman CT. If you want directions, PM me and I will pm them back.

Note to everyone else that is coming. Feel free to bring your favorite tractor in the back of your truck etc. Trailers may be a problem do to limited parking. Really depends on how many are going to come. I have nice long ramps so don't waste space in your vehicle bringing them. I figure 10:00am till whenever. If you want, bring your favorite beverage. I will have some soda, iced tea, etc (beer :thumbs:)in the fridge in the work shop along with some snack stuff.

Jeff

P.S. I would like to have a firm number by the Friday (27th) before of how many will coming so I can plan accordingly.

WHC-125

Jeff, so how many people RSVPed so far?

whchris

sorry guys i wont be making the 2 hour drive this time

WHC-125

I plan on going :thumbs:

Guest fireman

So far Wallfish, Crazywheelhorseman, and Coadster32 have rsvp'ed. So if you come too Chris that will be 4. I think SteveBo is coming too and maybe bring another person so that may bring it up to 6 plus myself. If anyone has any parts or anything to sell, feel free to bring it (especiallyt if it's something I may need :thumbs: ).

EDIT: I think iicap was coming too. Those coming please post a note here so others can see who is coming.

iicap

Yes I am coming, was waiting a bit to rsvp and ask address. being not to computer savy, when some says PM me which I guess means "Private Message". Should that be an e-mail or is there PM function on RS? Thanks for helping educate this old man. :whistle:

I don't own anything to sell but might be a purchaser, if Fireman doesn't claim eminent domain over all items :thumbs:

Coadster32

I'm game. I'll probably have WHC125-chris tagging along with me. I'll be bringing a trailer, and some stuff for sale. Here are some pics.

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1405.jpg

Cutting deck for Suburban. Shafts spin free. Should clean up nicely.

DSCF1402.jpg

DSCF1403.jpg

Sears Turfs--23X10.5X12 Came on a Charger 12. Some dry-rot. Holds air-tubes? One pair with rims.

DSCF1400.jpg

DSCF1401.jpg

Goodyear sawtooth? 4.8x8 off front of suburban. Tubes included. No rims. nice condition. Rust on tires is from rusty rim.

My favorite. I will sell this if the price is right. I'm actually on the fence about keeping this. If I sell it, I'm going to keep the red plastic wheel caps. I just picked it up yesteday.

DSCF1385.jpg

DSCF1388.jpg

DSCF1389.jpg

For just coming in, it's in awesome condition. The tires hold air and all!

I am looking forward to meeting others with the sickness. I am going to setup an electrolosis tank for show and tell. I'll bring everything I need to do this. Would somebody else be interested in showing (me) the best way to rim a tire wthout killing the rim paint? I'll supply the rims and tires :thumbs: Ialso have access to tire tools that I can bring also. Not sure If I'll have everything I need though.

Jeff-is there some sort of shelter if it rains, or will we be in a garage? Not that my stuff is awesome, but I do keep things out of the weather. I can bring a canopy if you want.

WHC-125

Jeff, is there anything you want me to bring, food, snaks, goodies? And if you want I will bring a can of carb clean and help fix the C-81.

Steve, if you want I will help you out with the 520 as well.

WHC-125

I also have a deck for my 702 I might bring along and a plow for a C series. Also, if anyone needs anything just let me know

Guest fireman

iicap,

I will send you a private message with the address.

If anyone wants to bring anything ie food etc that's fine. I will have some snack food, soda, iced tea etc.

Coadster32,

I surrrrrre like that cart :thumbs: . What would be the right price :whistle: ?

stevebo

Jeff,

I will be there. I thought I rsvp'd you earlier however I will be there with uncle bo... I have a small 4x7 trailer I am bringing so if I need to park on the street that would be okay. Just let me know the ad. thanks-

ps- I will bring the coffee and be there around 10am. :thumbs:

Bill

Jeff I'll be there, Just PM me the address... I'll be picking up a mower deck from Stevebo I'll be there around 10 am

Crazywheelhorseman

If anyone needs parts for b or c series let me know so i can load it in the truck i have most parts available, also i have some D series parts as well.

Coadster32

I'll bring that motorcycle jack also if it doesn't sell by then. I hope to get there for 10am also. :thumbs:

I see the jersey boys have the same idea. Much bigger state though.

Guest fireman

Hey All,

I sent those who asked directions by PM. 10:00am sounds good. If others can't get there till later than thats fine too. We may have to jocky some cars around to fit everyone. We'll cross that bridge when everyone gets here. For those that what to actually see where I live click this link:

http://maps.live.com/

Put my address in the search area. When the map comes up, click on where it says Bird's Eye. This will give you an actual picture image of my house and property taken by a satelite. You can zoom in and see the cars in the driveway and rotate the image and get different views. If you put the mouse over the image, you can grab and move it and see the gates I mentioned.

poodle

hey guys sounds like a great time I have to check the calender but I'll Pm you fireman if I can go but I just might have to if Crazywheelhorseman has a engine I could use my k241 on my 1056 puller threw the rod not sure yet if it's salvageable and the first pull is in April :thumbs:

Guest fireman

Well that's it for trailers guys. There are three of you that have told me that you are bringing them and that's really all we can fit and still have parking for everyone's cars/trucks. There is no on street parking on the road so i'll have to limit it to that. Like I said, I have long arched ramps so you won't have to bring those with you.

So far it looks like I have had the following people respond that they are coming:

WHC-125

stevebo +1

iicap

poodle

crazywheelhorseman

Coadster32

Bill

wallfish

If I missed anyone let me know.

wallfish

Count me in to Jeff.

wallfish

iicap you can PM someone by clicking on -message- at the bottom of that persons post or click on their name and look at the bottom of the right colum for -private message-

You can read messages if you click on - my controls - at the top of any page and click on - in box. Hope this helps!

iicap

Thanks wallfish, got a PM from fireman and relpied to it, I'm learnin.

If any of you guys coming have a single stage 36" snowblower that is shot or defintely not usefull any more I am interested in it for a project, it's the main housing I'm looking for, not any of the rotating parts. Tach a matic style. Thanks