Chicken Hawk

Carb. Issue

Chicken Hawk

Hello, I have a wheelhorse 520H will not start unless I manually put fuel in the carb.Fuel lines are clear, no fuel is going to the carb, fuel comes out of the fuel tank~goes to the vacuum~it doesn’t go to the carb, and I put on a new vacuum pump. Can this simply be a vacuum isue?

Edited by Chicken Hawk

19richie66

Vacuum hose could be rotten on other end? 

lynnmor
11 minutes ago, Chicken Hawk said:

Hello, I have a wheelhorse 520H will not start unless I manually put fuel in the carb.Fuel lines are clear, no fuel is going to the carb, fuel comes out of the fuel tank~goes to the vacuum~it doesn’t go to the carb, and I put on a new vacuum.  Pump. Can this simply be a vacuum isue?

Are you saying that there is gasoline in the vacuum hose?  If so, the fuel pump diaphragm is bad and you need a new pump and an immediate oil change. 

If you pull off the fuel line at the fuel filter and run the starter, does fuel come out of the line?  If so, the problem is inside the carburetor.

• Like 1

19richie66

I was not understanding what he wrote . Looks like his sentence got chopped off and put at the tail of his comment. 

Chicken Hawk
9 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Are you saying that there is gasoline in the vacuum hose?  If so, the fuel pump diaphragm is bad and you need a new pump and an immediate oil change. 

If you pull off the fuel line at the fuel filter and run the starter, does fuel come out of the line?  If so, the problem is inside the carburetor.

9 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

No gas in the vacuum hose. Fuel does not come out of the line 

Chicken Hawk

There is no fuel in the vacuum line. No, fuel does not come out of the that I pulled from the fuel filter

lynnmor

Remove the line at the fuel pump and lower it down so that it is lower than the bottom of the fuel tank, now does fuel run out?  Is the petcock open?  Can you blow back thru the fuel hose and hear air in the gas tank?

• Like 1