Red144runner

520 start tear down. Ugly

Red144runner

Took the tractor and new used sheet metal to work today. Had some time so I started taking parts off. The fender is real bad. Years of letting grass build up and time in the rain have rotted it out. Had to grind a few bolts here and there. The pto side running board was replaced with a piece of 3/16" diamond plate with tubes welded on under neath to slide over the mounting rods. Done quite well too. The hydro filter mount is broken from frame (new one ordered). It's gunked up good but aside from the sheet metal it's solid. Drained trans today too.

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

• Like 4

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:           You can use sheet metal from any 300 or 400 series if yours prove too challenging.

• Like 3

Red144runner

Luckily I found all the tins I need. Even a 520 hood, the paint is faded a bit but compared to what it has now big improvement 

Tractor boy

Umm. I’m at a loss for words. I thought my tractor needed to be cleaned but this one definitely needs it more than mine. Is this going to be a full resto or just a sheet metal patch or replace fix?

Red144runner

Replace all rot, good cleaning/degreasing. Further replacement of parts I'm sure, then tune up and some paint. Final product look good and functional.

• Like 2