Jamie Darian Brown

K 181 on B80 solenoid

Jamie Darian Brown

Hi, 

Here is a pic of my solenoid on my B80 that needs replacing.  When searching for one online I see ones that show up for a wheelhorse but do not exactly look like this one.   Will these "new" ones fit but just look different?    Trying to make sure I order right one.   

IMG_1266.jpg

Racinbob

If your parts store doesn't have the three terminal you can use a Ford four terminal. Simply ignore the 'I' terminal. :)

5b0eb20f677b0_Ford4-TerminalSolenoidWiring.jpg.2f4d6e4924e656ad4798d491616c0e82.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jamie Darian Brown

Here is pic of one online I found... different... but will it change out and work?   

IMG_1267.jpg

• Like 1

Jamie Darian Brown

so the above  pic I have of new one online would be the "three" terminal and would work.... though shaped diff.....   

• Like 1

Racinbob

As long as it's 12 volts it will work great. :)

• Like 2

WHX??

You should also be able to take your old one into any auto parts store and they will fix you up.

• Like 3

953 nut

Your present solenoid may be the problem, or there may be another problem that makes you think there is a bad one.

Have you cleaned and tightened all electrical connections including grounds? If you run a small jumper wire from your battery "+" terminal to the small terminal on the solenoid do you hear it close?

Just hate to see people buy a bunch of parts only to find that there was another simple fix that could have cured the problem.

• Like 2

Jamie Darian Brown

I tested it like you said. I don't hear it close or click so I assume its bad.    Thank for that tip on testing it.   And thanks to all for y'alls help!   Gotta get it ready to till the garden :-)

oldredrider

Solenoids do go bad,  but make sure it is well grounded when testing it before writing it off.