MarksWheelHorse

Belt size? B80 with 10hp Kohler running RD deck.

MarksWheelHorse

Earlier this spring I picked up two B80s. Both images shown are of the working one. One is a parts tractor with the 8hp engine (no points) and a messed up transmission. The good one is running properly and I have mowed six times so far with it. It came with the K241S 10hp engine running a 42 inch rear discharge deck (05-42MR01-3345). I bought it this way not knowing much of Wheel Horse tractors and did notice some fabrication work to get the engine to mount properly to the frame. So with an engine and deck from various mowers what would be the proper belt size that runs from the PTO to the deck? Would I base it off the B100 since that had the 10hp engine, or by the deck?

The current belt functions but is pretty cracked and sometimes flips around (thicker end facing down into the pulley). Is this due to me over tightening or under tightening the deck quick disconnect? Note from the picture showing the PTO side of the tractor that originally the belt was on the outward pulley. I changed it to the inner one after looking up photos of other peoples tractors. Is that correct? Sorry for all the questions. New to owning a Wheel Horse and while I love it, these are some things I have been thinking through. Thank you!

Side tangent: After buying this I flushed the transmission, changed oil, bought a new solenoid, spark plug, positive battery cable, and greased all the zerk fittings. I also removed the deck to clean it and sharpen the blades. The only current issue is that I have jump start it almost every time. The battery is only a year old so I may have to redo some wiring.

IMG_20180503_225301_724.jpg

IMG_20180515_200414.jpg

IMG_20180524_192650.jpg

Edited by MarksWheelHorse
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

If the transmission drive belt is 82" long the engine must still be in it's original position. Click on the picture. Thanks to Racinbob I changed the link

Garry

KC9KAS

@MarksWheelHorse :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Nice tractor!

953 nut

:WRS:

8 hours ago, MarksWheelHorse said:

The only current issue is that I have jump start it almost every time. The battery is only a year old so I may have to redo some wiring.

With any electrical problem the first step is to have the battery load tested, auto parts stores do it for free. Next you should clean and tighten all electrical connections including grounds.

WHX??

:WRS:

Racinbob

If that's a 74 or 75 (which I think it is) it has a 43.5" wheelbase and the PTO belt would be 1/2"x89.12". If it's a 76 or 77 the wheelbase is 45.5" and the PTO belt is 1/2"x96.6". Provided it's just a routine engine swap and no other modifications it's the same for 8hp or 10hp. :)

MarksWheelHorse

Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I am takings notes from everyone's advice to address a few things on the mower.

jay bee

@MarksWheelHorse You have come to the right place for helpful information.  And :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: