Spook345

Looking at a 522xi

shallowwatersailor

You might consider the Kenda K502 Terra Trac tire in place of an ag style. I had these on my 518xi and they were better than an ag for not tearing up the ground, yet had more traction than a turf.

WP_20180512_001.jpg.045fcf2c023670fe5bf3e2caecf609a8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Tractor boy

Amazon might also have the filters you need. Or :text-google:  might bring up some quick look no’s or places to buy it. As I said before your local lawn mower repair shop may have some goodies or part(s) for you. 

Not sure what part of Georgia your in but on Craigslist northwest Georgia there is a 48 inch grader blade for 250 bucks best offer. You might want to snag this as this is the time to buy snow stuff as people are trying to make room for their grass cutting stuff and removing their snow stuff. 

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

great price on a great tractor

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jrblanke

Wow! Very nice! And welcome to the forum. 

• Excellent 1

Spook345

Thanks for the filter info WHX19!

Kenda K502's look interesting, sailor.  Checking prices.  Do you know if 26x12x12 will fit with clearance?

slammer302

The 26x12x12 may hit deck wheels

• Like 1

Spook345
7 hours ago, Tractor boy said:

Amazon might also have the filters you need. Or :text-google:  might bring up some quick look no’s or places to buy it. As I said before your local lawn mower repair shop may have some goodies or part(s) for you. 

Not sure what part of Georgia your in but on Craigslist northwest Georgia there is a 48 inch grader blade for 250 bucks best offer. You might want to snag this as this is the time to buy snow stuff as people are trying to make room for their grass cutting stuff and removing their snow stuff. 

Thanks for thinking about me.  Looked for it but couldn't find it.  Must have sold it.  If you see it again, please post the link.  I'd like to get either a front blade or a box scraper.

• Like 1

posifour11
1 hour ago, Spook345 said:

Thanks for thinking about me.  Looked for it but couldn't find it.  Must have sold it.  If you see it again, please post the link.  I'd like to get either a front blade or a box scraper.

You done messed up, now. WHD has no cure!

• Like 1

Spook345
1 hour ago, posifour11 said:

You done messed up, now. WHD has no cure!

I believe it.  Every of minute I'm looking at wheel horse something.  Reading everything in this forum.  WH is my crack.  

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
50 minutes ago, Spook345 said:

I believe it.  Every of minute I'm looking at wheel horse something.  Reading everything in this forum.  WH is my crack.  

If your married, your about to test the strength of it!!

Randy

• Haha 3

Tractor boy

I’d post the link but that is not allowed. What Craigslist “county” Are you in? I’m willing to look for you. 

posifour11
39 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

If your married, your about to test the strength of it!!

Randy

Ha! Very true!

• Haha 1

Spook345
11 hours ago, Tractor boy said:

I’d post the link but that is not allowed. What Craigslist “county” Are you in? I’m willing to look for you. 

Looking in CL northwest georgia.

Screenshot_20180601-085702-01.jpeg

Tractor boy

Ahh I see the problem. You have to look in all instead of farm and garden.  Then when you type in wheel horse the search bar will show nothing available. Hit enter anyway. Then you should be able to see it. 

-Tractorboy 

• Like 1

Spook345

Tried that.  Still don't see it. (Jenny, I'm not a smart man!)

• Haha 1

Tractor boy
34 minutes ago, Spook345 said:

Tried that.  Still don't see it. (Jenny, I'm not a smart man!)

I’ll pm you the link. 😀😀

DennisThornton

I think it's time...

Obviously he's way more than just hooked.  All we can do now is offer supportive help with some guidance. Could be rough and rocky for a bit but we've all survived it ourselves and most of us have helped others through. 

So the process continues... 

We welcome you!

We offer our assistance!

There will be trying times! 

It will be worth it!

The Brotherhood of Wheel Horseman! 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Spook345
10 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

I think it's time...

Obviously he's way more than just hooked.  All we can do now is offer supportive help with some guidance. Could be rough and rocky for a bit but we've all survived it ourselves and most of us have helped others through. 

So the process continues... 

We welcome you!

We offer our assistance!

There will be trying times! 

It will be worth it!

The Brotherhood of Wheel Horseman! 

Yeah, I'm hooked. 

I spend way to much time just looking over every detail of this tractor and appreciating the heavy-dutiness of every piece.  This thing is amazing.  My GF caught me last night lying on the ground beside it thinking I had fell asleep but I was inspecting all the connection points.  She gave me one those "OMG" kind of laughs.  

At first glance, the 522xi looks as if it might be just another plastic home depot style mower.  But when you get closer you realize how massive it is.  

I gave her a wash and started the paint restoration last night.  I was relieved that I'm able to cut thru the oxidation and bring the original color back but it's taking a LONG time.  I'll post pics when I'm completed. Hopefully by tonight since I'm out of town next week.  

The Brotherhood?   Kind like the " He Man Woman Haters Club" with clubhouse and handshake and stuff?  HA.  

• Haha 1

clueless
9 minutes ago, Spook345 said:

Yeah, I'm hooked. 

I spend way to much time just looking over every detail of this tractor and appreciating the heavy-dutiness of every piece.  This thing is amazing.  My GF caught me last night lying on the ground beside it thinking I had fell asleep but I was inspecting all the connection points.  She gave me one those "OMG" kind of laughs.  

At first glance, the 522xi looks as if it might be just another plastic home depot style mower.  But when you get closer you realize how massive it is.  

I gave her a wash and started the paint restoration last night.  I was relieved that I'm able to cut thru the oxidation and bring the original color back but it's taking a LONG time.  I'll post pics when I'm completed. Hopefully by tonight since I'm out of town next week.  

The Brotherhood?   Kind like the " He Man Woman Haters Club" with clubhouse and handshake and stuff?  HA.  

Once you get hooked, you my find yourself having to lay next to one all night sometimes, and not voluntarily.  :bitch: 

• Haha 2

Tractor boy
3 hours ago, clueless said:

Once you get hooked, you my find yourself having to lay next to one all night sometimes, and not voluntarily.  :bitch: 

I use my oweners book as a pillow and use the tractor for every task known to mankind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spook345

Spent most of the day working on the new tractor.

- changed hydraulic fluid and filter

- changed oil and filter

- greased all zerks

- mastered deck removal/installation.

- cleaned engine compartment

- adjusted deck height

- cleaned dash lease and gauges

- continued compounding the paint

- drove it around

Question - The engine appears to run hot.  After 30 mins of mowing in low range on a 83degree day, the oil temp is running at the high end of the green line on the gauge.  This is even after I cleaned the engine bay and engine cooling find and changed the oil.  Is this normal?

Also, I discovered my gas cap has a crack in it.  Need to find a new one.

Man, I love this tractor!

IMG_20180602_162234-01.jpeg

• Like 1

slammer302

You may want to check out redoyourhorse.com they have nice repo decals I went with the American series decals on two of my xi's. My xi seems to run around 3/4 on temp gauge. On a really hot day maybe even a little higher I try to stop often and let it cool.

• Like 1

Spook345

Ok, maybe mines running normal.

I've checked out his decals.  I like the American flag set.  Sounds like the ones you have.

How did you get you're old decals off?  I tested that today and they are heavy duty and really stuck on.  

stevebo

Decals on mine are from Terry and I love them. 

• Like 1

slammer302

I heated them up with hair dryer. They came off without leaving any adeisve behind.

• Like 1