953 nut

​​​​​​​Remember the reason for the holiday!

ebinmaine

Thank you to all those who given of themselves for the benefit of our freedom.

:flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa::flags-waveusa:

My father and his brother have met in their home town for many years every Memorial day to be at the days event.

I didn't even mean to time it this way...  we'll be assembling red, white and blue "Patriot Horse" this morning.

:USA::USA::USA::USA::USA::USA::USA::USA:

• Like 6

varosd

I usually don’t chime in but I wholeheartedly agree. 

More and more it seems, Memorial Day is known as the start of Summer and sales. Someone down the street was setting off fireworks. Really pissed me off. I remember losing fellow soldiers in multiple conflicts and peace time training. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell

Image may contain: one or more people, grass and outdoor

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, varosd said:

I usually don’t chime in but I wholeheartedly agree. 

More and more it seems, Memorial Day is known as the start of Summer and sales. Someone down the street was setting off fireworks. Really pissed me off. I remember losing fellow soldiers in multiple conflicts and peace time training. Just my thoughts. 

I actually had more than one person say "Happy Memorial day".

What???

Save it till July 4th maybe....

4 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Image may contain: one or more people, grass and outdoor

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Well done sir.

• Like 3

c-series don

Powerful photograph. Thank you for posting that. I don't think that woman cares about any stupid sales that are going on today. Thank you to all veterans out there who have served this great country of ours. 

• Like 4

formariz

Lets also not forget those that never came home such as in this beautiful place in Italy,

ceme1.jpg.7c8ec27ca50470874e4469efadeb5004.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

oldlineman

I totally agree with all above posts. We in this great country take a great deal for granted, that was bought with the blood of our young men and women through many years of protecting our country and way of life.We should EVERYDAY remember the great sacrifice they and there families have freely given too this great land. Proud son of a WW II Army combat Medic.

• Like 4

posifour11

We came home in 2010 with everyone. But, we've lost two since then. One to heart attack and one suicide. 

• Sad 1

stevasaurus

May we never forget those that fought before us, and those that fought and did not make it.  This day is for them and for us, that made it, to remember them.  Don't ever forget that the freedom we love was paid for by those Veterans.  Freedom is something that you have to fight for everyday...maybe more now then ever before.  If you can't fight...make sure you VOTE...that is the best freedom we have.  :flags-waveusa:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

posifour11
3 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

May we never forget those that fought before us, and those that fought and did not make it.  This day is for them and for us, that made it, to remember them.  Don't ever forget that the freedom we love was paid for by those Veterans.  Freedom is something that you have to fight for everyday...maybe more now then ever before.  If you can't fight...make sure you VOTE...that is the best freedom we have.  :flags-waveusa:

Steve, you're so very right! One thing I stressed to my "kids" (the young soldiers I had in Iraq) was they had to pick their "decision makers" with an honest mind. They each had a full day off (that I worked for them) when they brought me proof that they went to JAG and did their absentee vote. I didn't care who they voted for, just that they did. 

• Like 3

posifour11
3 hours ago, posifour11 said:

We came home in 2010 with everyone. But, we've lost two since then. One to heart attack and one suicide. 

I hate to quote myself, but the military and former military veterans lead the country in suicide, especially on memorial day! The guy I had in my unit that did it probably had a 200k+ job waiting for him in the civilian area. The guy was a techno-ninja. 

I understand how it happens. Especially, for us mechanics and the technical jobs. The non-combat jobs don't get as much post-fight info and counseling. We had cooks kicking down doors and throwing grenades on convoys. It weighs on the mind. I, personally, joined to be a truck mechanic. I wound up being a convoy commander that was in charge of millions of dollars of equipment and (way more importantly) dozens of "kids". ( I always called my soldiers kids because most were younger than me because I didn't join until I was 24). 

I kept up with all of my kids, but my suicide was a really smart guy that was older than me that I didn't think would kaboom on me. That still bugs me that I didn't see it.  

So, my request is that you call somebody if you have ideas or even doubts. I'm medically retired now, but I'll sit up all day or night talking to you! (Text me first so I know you're a fellow) I don't want to hear about another warfighter doing it! We earned the help! 

I'll add info when I can find it. 

• Like 4

briankd

a day late but Thanks to all the veterans on this site. for the service to our country. i have many family members that served and it usually a quiet memorial day around here cause they seen action from WWII to Vietnam and none of them  will absolutely not talk about it kinda brings a tear to your eye for the sacrifices they went threw. GOD BLESS the USA and all the VETERANS !!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1