Sign in to follow this  
Mattd160

3pt 2000rpm wheel horse tiller help?

Mattd160

Hi I have a d160 with the 3pt tiller. Where can I find a exploded view of the gear box.  I need to get seals where the shafts come out that the tines slide on. Leaking gear oil bad and may need the bearing if there are ones in the.  Thx u in advance for any leads

0510181912.jpg

pacer

I just finished seal replacement on my Massey Ferguson tiller (its a 2000rpm also) What I did was to, as carefully as I could, remove the old seals to get them where I could get the # off the side of them which I successfully did. Took them to my bearing store and they matched them up. One of them was a really odd ball thing - ID was SAE at .75, and OD was 42mm???

gwest_ca

See there are 2 #6663 seals on each side. This later ipl shows the outer seal installed backwards to keep dirt out and the inner installed to keep the oil in.

The 6663 seal is a SKF/Chicago Rawhide 14810 for 1.5" shaft, 1.875 (1-7/8") OD and 1/4" thick. I did not check all the ipl's so compare dimensions.

After the first seal is installed add a layer of grease over it to lubricate the 2nd seal that is installed backwards. Click on the picture.

We do have an older operator manual.

Garry

• Like 2

Mattd160

Thx u. That is very helpful.  Do they not make the needle bearing anymore for tiller,  having a hard time locating them

pfrederi

WH didn't make bearings and most of what they used are standard and readily available,  The #1532 in the parts list is a M16121 torrington  The bearings in your tiller are stamped with the standard numbers...may have to clean off some paint.

gwest_ca

My guess is the tine shaft uses B2416 bearings but compare numbers and/or dimensions.

Garry

pfrederi
21 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

My guess is the tine shaft uses B2416 bearings but compare numbers and/or dimensions.

Garry

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1