SylvanLakeWH

Weed Whipping...C 105 Style

johnnymag3

A wheel horse .......OF COURSE !!

nice wowrk

• Like 2

Sarge

I've often wondered - those commercial-sized walk behind wheeled weed wackers....

Why couldn't a guy use one of those heads/frame and mount it on a carrier off of the front mule drive mount and use the pto from the engine to drive it for knocking down such problem areas?  Wouldn't be any more dangerous than the front mounted sickle mower, plus a lot less prone to damage/breakage.

Sarge

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH
20 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I've often wondered - those commercial-sized walk behind wheeled weed wackers....

Why couldn't a guy use one of those heads/frame and mount it on a carrier off of the front mule drive mount and use the pto from the engine to drive it for knocking down such problem areas?  Wouldn't be any more dangerous than the front mounted sickle mower, plus a lot less prone to damage/breakage.

Sarge

Cool idea!

For me the answer is easy - I don't have one and I have never maintained property other than keeping it all managed and mowed with a standard deck finish mower, so I don't really need one.

I just took my time in first gear and took 50% bites at a time with two passes over-lapping. First pass in reverse (seemed to cut the tall stuff better backwards) then forward in second gear and it looked great!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Some heavy high grass to get through and a nice job doing it.

Glenn

• Like 2

elliot ness

Great tractor you got there.

• Like 1

Chris T

Nice looking black hood!!

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

I found that if you Mow crossways to the first cut it seems to cut the stragglers better.  In extreme cases I get out a powerful leaf blower. to clear the cuttings so they dont lay so thick on the lawn. It can be tough on belts, however

image.jpeg

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1