Cee245

416's front wheels 8"

Cee245

Hey all,

Replaced the front bearings and cleaned her all up. BUT, It looks naked. Lol 

Where can I get new plastic caps for the front spindle? I lost one last year and the one pictured has fallen off a couple times but I was able to recover it.

Thanks 

Cory B

15272033739451976500858.jpg

Cee245

Thanks Randy, I do remember that there would be a bit of a delay. I'm not in a big hurry. All that really matters is that he gets well again. 

• Like 3

doc724

If you want repro parts, Glen is the source.

However, an alternate is to buy the caps (new ones from Toro) for a late model 300 series tractor.  Late model means 1998 and later.  When you buy the cap, it comes with a thick and larger thrust washer to put over the bearing.  The cap snaps over it and will not fall off.  The retro parts are nice, but more than once I have lost one.  Yes, I find it later in the grass with a big slice in it from the mower. 

• Like 1

clueless
16 hours ago, doc724 said:

If you want repro parts, Glen is the source.

However, an alternate is to buy the caps (new ones from Toro) for a late model 300 series tractor.  Late model means 1998 and later.  When you buy the cap, it comes with a thick and larger thrust washer to put over the bearing.  The cap snaps over it and will not fall off.  The retro parts are nice, but more than once I have lost one.  Yes, I find it later in the grass with a big slice in it from the mower. 

Don would happen to know the toro part number, I can't find it anywhere.

Cee245

I looked up a 315-8 model number 73450

The cap is part # 61-9780

And the washer that the cap goes on seems to be 28-2480.  I can't see where buying the cap comes with the washer.

doc724

I cannot remember ordering the washer separately, however it was 4 years ago and with age, the memory is not so accurate.  I likely did buy them from Jacks Small Engines.