BIGMIKE

A snow thrower and a Cab

BIGMIKE

Last week I drove a few hours north and bought a 42" Snow thrower and a Wheel Horse snow cab. The Thrower is a bit crusty but looks to have good bearings and chain, sprockets. The cab is missing a few pieces of the frame but the canvas looks like it's never been used. No scratches on the plastic windows even. It has a fiberglass roof too. Not ABS. The bad part is some rodents thought the cab canvas was food in a few spots. Maybe I can come up with some matching material and patch?

My 416-H currently has a 32" thrower and I wanted to get a 42" so I kept watching CL. The cab is a bonus.

BIGMIKE

blowcab1a.jpg

Cab1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Looks nice Mike, You may want to consider making the extension for the blower or take them off the 32. . Tractor rides in the plowed path better. The frame pieces can be made out of 1/2 conduit. Duct tape on the mouse damage! :)

KC9KAS

Nice find!

I am sure an upholstery shop could fix the mouse damage!

BIGMIKE

I have a few projects in front of this but when I get to it I will sort through what I have and post pictures. I did discover a manual stuck in with the canvas. It states this cab is for C Series Tractors. Not sure how it will fit my 416-H. I'm still learning.

Yep on the extensions. I can fabricate them myself.

Yep also on the upholstery shop.

BIGMIKE

• Like 1

BIGMIKE

I sorted through the pieces that came with that snow thrower and cab that I bought last month. Seems I got some unrelated parts along with. I think I figured out most by digging into the manuals section but would appreciate any input. Especially the big red sheet metal gizmo. A guard I'm sure but for where?

BIGMIKE

Parts what1.jpg

WHX??

Definitely the rear hitch less the bolts and axle top plates ...big red sheet metal ...go fish???

Edit: Maybe that guard is for a tiller ... that would explain the rear hitch???

Edited by WHX19

oldredrider

Looks like a belt guard for a GT-14.

CasualObserver
1 hour ago, WHX19 said:

rear hitch less the bolts and axle top plates ...big red sheet metal ...go fish??

That's an older style rear hitch that bolts up to the front/back of the axle tubes instead of the top/bottom like the later ones.

And that is a GT14 drive belt guard.  #8368

Capture.JPG

CasualObserver

hrmm... @oldredrider beat me to it while I was trying to dig up the picture.... 

BIGMIKE

Awesome. Thanks guys. I don't have any use for the belt guard or the rear hitch so I probably will be passing those on.

I am looking forward to mounting the cab on my 416-H but that will happen at end of summer or fall.

BIGMIKE