1940willys

C101 Mysterious Part

1940willys

Ok, so I've got this C101 Machine I'm making work worthy for my Daughter. Under the seat bracket, fenders, and gas tank, mounted to the top of the transmission is this mysterious tube like arrangement. It's mounted to the top of the tranny, maybe 10" long and flaired on one end. It goes nowhere! I thought perhaps it needed a rubber hose attached to one end and went to a nipple for venting the tranny. I see no nipple on the tranny for a vent hose. Can someone please tell me what this is and what it does?  Sorry, I have no picture of it at this point. It would be GREAT if maybe someone has a exploded diagraham of this assembly!

benji756

sounds like the guide tube for the cable that lifts the rear attachments or sleeve hitch

• Like 6

1940willys

Sounds feesable, I've never used any rear mounted attachments or seen any mounted in person. I know that old cubs raise and lower rear mount implements using heavy rods and leavers. Perhaps someone has a exploded diagram, as the link above does not work.

midpack
8 hours ago, benji756 said:

sounds like the guide tube for the cable that lifts the rear attachments or sleeve hitch

My 417-8 has a slot hitch with the tube and it has a cable running through it. the only problem it has it the cables too short... It wasn't hooked up when I got the tractor and when I connected it I found out why.

Not having any rear implements, I disconnected it again and left it... for now :)

Chris G

If its the part in the photo. Then yes it is a cable guide for the lift on a rear slot hitch.

1527179908041-1685012179.jpg

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 1

oldlineman

:text-yeahthat:

peter lena

put one on my c 85, when new, also added the clevis lift hitch, back lower side of trans where slide pin mounts,  with cable connection to lift arm and lift hitch. used it many times while first clearing my yard of rocks with a bottom plow. made lining up on rocks easy ,and helped pick stump roots out of ground for cutting. combine that with a dozer blade , and  cleared all the grass rock out of lawn. pete

1940willys

Chris G, yep there it is, that's it, the mysterious part. Now I know what it is and what it's used for! Thanx to everyone who replied!

rmaynard
19 hours ago, peter lena said:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Toro-Wheel-Horse-Brinly-Clevis-Hitch-Sleeve-Hitch/941929181?iid=222900779557&chn=ps did a little snooping around , this is what I have and slide pin mounts to rear end, very handy. Pete

That clevis hitch is made and sold by one of our members right here on RedSquare, @wheelhorseman

peter lena

I bought my hitch 36 years ago, along with my c 85, I should have said that the related pictures were only a reference to the part in question. Sorry about that. Pete