Xearl

I am trying to find out what the belt length is on a 48 inch deck for a 523DXI  part no. 95-3878 . Dealer wants over $70.  I want to find it at a reasonable price. 

WVHillbilly520H

@Xearl, Ok picture straight from the last xi series I had,  I would just Google it or try eBay ect with the Toro # ,then find your cross reference number...try SLE.COM seems to be the cheapest so far, Jeff.

IMAG2886.jpg

Xearl

These numbers don't seem right .  My old broke belt is a bout 101 " inches , the one from my other deck was 100+ or - then I found a chart that said it was 104.35 in . . there are plenty on line I just need the length  .

Skipper

Cut the old broke belt and measure it in a straight line, then subtract a bit down to nearest std size. Old belt is probably stretched a bit ?

Or how about mounting that one at a 100" you have from another deck and see how it fits? Sound like it is a close match to your measurement. 

At least it will put you in the right ballpark, or give you the basis to find the right length from.

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 2

pfrederi

95-3878 is agricultural1/2" belt that is 102.44 inches long

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

Xearl

pfrederi ,Thank you for the information . I measured the broken one and came up with 101 "  I guess there is a missing piece .  Ed

Xearl
8 hours ago, Skipper said:

Cut the old broke belt and measure it in a straight line, then subtract a bit down to nearest std size. Old belt is probably stretched a bit ?

Or how about mounting that one at a 100" you have from another deck and see how it fits? Sound like it is a close match to your measurement. 

At least it will put you in the right ballpark, or give you the basis to find the right length from.

Xearl

Thanks but the old belt was broken but I did not know if there was a piece missing .   ED