Jerry Boger

Are these serial numbers

Jerry Boger

Are these serial numbers on top of the transmission, so far these are the only numbers I have found on this lil tractor I got. 

20180522_065806.jpg

20180522_065738.jpg

RandyLittrell

Those are casting numbers, the serial number was on an aluminum plate. Somebody with more knowledge of what you have will come along shortly!! 

Randy

Jerry Boger

Well there is definitely no aluminum plate anywhere on this thing, just found these while wire brushing the frame Thanks for the info 

WHX??

The SN on this tractor would have been on a little yellowish looking sticker just ahead of the right footrest right on top of the frame. See if I can find a pic. Rare to find on these years tho. @Vinylguy can make them tho for restos and it's not considered a crime against horsedom to use your wife's birthday or your favorite numbers since the real SN may never be known. Looks to be an RJ frame or so say the foot rests.

I would think what with all the pics of my tractors I would have one but don't, Someone will chime in with one. I believe they went to the AL tags in '65???

Edited by WHX19
  • Like 1

Jerry Boger

e20180318_192913.jpg.2b166dc8db3aa38a12c0b88f49fcea11.jpg

tractor 1.jpg

Jerry Boger

was told earlier its a 60 model suburban, just found these numbers didnt know what they were

WHX??

Correct Jerry, nice 400 &  has the much desired '59 foot rests. SN should be where circled. Look closely might be buried under old paint.

5b04287e23895_tractor1_jpg_b19d26b2bd8224265a590d813778596d.jpg

Hey second thought wait a minute... check the plate the throttle and choke are mounted to. Yah My bad '61s are where I circled 400s.... are on that plate.... :text-imsorry:

20150705_163507.jpg

If the plate is unreadable as often they are @Racinbob has a fix.

Edited by WHX19

Jerry Boger

No plate on the Throttle/Choke area appears to have maybe been replaced by another piece of metal. From everything ive found so far, the fenders and tool box were an add-on option and nobody seems to have seen a front bumper like this one has on it. Its definately not gonna be a shall we say "period correct restoration" im going a little more hot roddish with it for fun. Seems most original stuff is there even have the deck but wont be using it.

20180429_194756.jpg

20180429_194714.jpg

Edited by Jerry Boger
  • Like 1

WHX??
1 minute ago, Jerry Boger said:

hot roddish with it for fun

Nothing wrong with that guy! :handgestures-thumbupright:

2 minutes ago, Jerry Boger said:

No plate on the Throttle/Choke area

Dang... Bob will chime in on what he did.

Racinbob

That's my que!

Underhood piece is original, top plate is original but flipped over to smooth side, made the levers from flat stock, decal from Terry, handles from Glen. I had Terry put Suburban 400 where the 'Ser. No.' usually is because the actual number was totally gone. :)

5b042f989a5e1_ControlsComplete.JPG.81dd027ea34f833bae1013cca80d9e18.JPG

• Like 1

Jerry Boger

Thats cool, not a real good pic but u can kinda see whats on this one

20180318_193047.jpg