DaveM54

What does anyone here think of this?

DaveM54

Pardon me if I am messing up by starting a new thread--this is my first post here.  I have been offered a Work Horse GT 1600 with mower deck and snowblower.  Everything looks pretty good.  I have not yet seen it running but am assured "it ran last year" (yeah, we've all heard that, right?).  Not interested at all unless I see it running, but does anyone have any tips or thoughts on this model and the attachments?  It's certainly well-built.  Has been in storage and needs a good cleaning but I can't find a ding or a crack or a missing piece anywhere!

So....the seller wants $650 for the tractor and attachments.  Assuming it is in running condition, is that a reasonable price?  Seems a bit high to me but I've seen a lot of MTDs (which I do not want) offered for the same price and this one looks a lot more solid.  Just want to be as certain as possible of what I may be getting into before I get into it!

LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED BY MODERATORS

no idea if the link will work but that is my local Facebook Marketplace.  There are a couple of semi-decent photos.

kasey54

Price seems good to me , if in fact it runs good, and the mower deck is good. If the snowblower is good as well then its a great deal.

Ive had two and they are great machines. I prefer the Kohler's but  the briggs are good too. I also have a GT1100 I have tilled with for 5 years. Good luck, I say go for it.

stevebo

Welcome. Sorry but I had to remove the link to the for sale ad per the rules. You could post a few pictures if you would like. 

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

If it runs good and transmission is sound it seems reasonable.

No comparison with an MTD or the other stuff made these days...

Post a couple of pics and it would help get you some more feedback.

Edited by SylvanLakeWH

AMC RULES

What are the attachments included in the sale? 

Achto

:WRS:

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

What are the attachments included in the sale? 

2 hours ago, DaveM54 said:

I have been offered a Work Horse GT 1600 with mower deck and snowblower.

• Haha 1

KC9KAS

@DaveM54 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

JC 1965

Retired Wrencher

Dave :WRS: I hope this all works out for you. Enjoy it if you get it. Become a Supporter and you can post all the pictures you would like. Never enough pictures on this site. More is better.  

953 nut
On 5/20/2018 at 8:21 PM, DaveM54 said:

Just want to be as certain as possible of what I may be getting into before I get into it

@Docwheelhorse is a big fan of the Briggs powered :wh: and can probably give some guidance as to what to look for.