ScottyMac

Looking for wheels for my 312

ScottyMac

When I picked up my 312-8 last year, I thought it weird that the rear wheels were so skinny (it came with 22 x 7.5 x 12) but that's what it came with, so that's what it has.  I recently picked up another one, this one has the wider, 9" wheels seen on most tractors today.  I'd really like to run the wider wheel/tire combo on the first 312, also.  

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of the wider wheels?  

oliver2-44

You 1st tractor probable has 7” wide rims. You can run 23x9.5x12 tires on them and they will look good. Remember all brand tires are not equal width and height even though the numbers are the same. 

littleredrider

Other brands have the wider wheels, but need to watch the back space. I bought a cub cadet for the motor, and temporarily used the wheels. They were 8.5" but because b/s was off had to move the hubs out so the tires would clear the inside of fender. Also, Miller Tire has blanks, so you can make to whatever b/s you want. I bought some 10" wide blanks to mount 12" wide tires on, looks and works great. Also check zero turns and similar machines, I grabbed a set in a junkyard, same exact wheel as the 520s have, just painted an off white color. 

• Like 1

ScottyMac

So, are all tractor wheels pretty much a universal lug pattern?  Or do I need to find a certain manufacturer or specify WH?

rjg854

Most garden tractor wheels are interchangeable w/ the five bolt pattern, watch the backset on them, there's the difference.  I have cub cadet wheels on one of my horses.

squonk

Pretty much universal pattern. I can mount :wh: rear wheels on the front of my Power King. :banana-wrench: