Sign in to follow this  
Fordiesel69

2005 315-8 Electric Clutch Trouble

Fordiesel69

Got a 2005 model year 209 hour 315-8 and there seems to be some wierdness with the electrctic PTO clutch.  In light grass the clutch seems to be ok, if you mow in heavier grass the clutch does not slip, rather it simply disenguages completely.  It will take about 1-2 minutes before it will work again.  I probed the wires going to the clutch and they are not loosing the 12v.  I have a good battery too.  Any further testing I can do to find the issue?

gwest_ca

Although part numbers are not specified this info is in the last 3 Demystification Guides unchanged for the 315-8 and GT Classic

Click on the picture and again on the next 2 screen shot photos.

Link to the 2005 electrical manual

Garry

doc724

I am hard pressed to reason why an electric clutch will disengage on a tractor unless there is another sensor on the engine which is wired into the circuit.  I know the command pro has a low oil sensor and maybe that is part of the circuit.  Think about the A/C system on your car.  The clutch will engage and disengage based on pressure sensors in the A/C system.

I had an electric clutch on my 5xi and it never disengaged by itself.  Of course, if you got off the tractor, it would disengage for safety reasons.

Fordiesel69

I will further investigate and do some more testing.  It has been rock solid now for some time.  Always the case with electrical.......