Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Clevis Pin Sizes

T-Mo

I will be going Saturday to pick up the plow I found (Model No. 79350), barring any situation coming up. I'm sure there will be some clevis pins and hair pins missing (though I'm not sure of that).

Using the diagram below, what size clevis pin do I need for item no. 1 and item no. 5 (I'm sure this is the same size pin to hook the lift link to the tractor's). With these sizes I'm sure I can figure out what size hair pin I need to secure these pins.

BLADEMODEL_79350PARTS_RESIZE2.jpg

Stigian

Thats a good question :P

I need a couple of those pins for number 1 on mine, i will have a measure up in the morning and let ya know :D

(I'm sure this is the same size pin to hook the lift link to the tractor's)

At a guess, id say your right. the pins might well be the same :(

nylyon

Terry, I don't have any pins for the hitch, it stays in place (for me anyway) without them. For the lift, I have a universal pin, which I intend on replacing as soon as I can since it is too long.

Rollerman

Terry & Ian...pretty much what Karl said.

The later axle brackets had a place for a pin so you keep #31 from comeing open & droping the plow.

I've never used then & just keep the hardware holding #31 tight so it won't.

Once you get the parts in front of you & on the tractor it should come pretty easy.

You'll probably be able to pick up all the hardware at the local farn supply store.

T-Mo

Thanks, guys. I'm sure I can get the pins from any local hardware store, if I knew the size. It seems like I saw the size somewhere on the lift pin, it seems like it was 3/8 dia x 7/8 long, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I can't even remember where I saw that. :P

I'm surprised that the little lever stays in place on the rear axle bracket without securing it with a clevis pin or bolt. Hmmm. :D

Rollerman

The lever at the back will come loose & your plow will drop out if there to loose.

Once you get the plow on just snug the hardware up with a 9/16th wrench & you should be good to go.

3/8" by 7/8" sounds right...i'd go a tad longer & back up the hair pins with a washer if the 7/8" don't give ya enough room.

TT

The holes in the Attach-Matic latches are pretty tiny (maybe 3/16"). I've never actually seen one with little clevis pins being used.

I use BIG "hairpins" to keep mine latched and they're easier to pull out if you're wearing gloves. (sometimes I get the blade frame hung up :( and have to perform a "field detach" so I can back the tractor off of the plow :D )

Stephen is right about the clevis pins for the lift link. 3/8 X 1 inch is perfect and a flat washer is good insurance between the link and the "hairpin". They do shear off occasionally. (pay no attention to the pictures of my 416/plow with the Nylok-nutted bolts through the lift link -- somebody STOLE my clevis pins for something else. :P:( )

Kelly

I've had my tiller come out of the bracket, That's not fun, I didn't have any pins so I used machine screws they were small, I think no. 10's, that's what I had handy at the time, the tiller shakes alot if you are tilling for the first time, now I try to plow first. Kelly in MI.

C-Series14

I use 1/4" ball lock pins on my rear attachment....

T-Mo

Thanks, guys. The washer idea on the lift pin is good, I will go that route for it. And if the little levers on the rear axle attachment bracket has holes, I will find some pins for it, just in case. :D

T-Mo

I didn't update this post - my bad.

I bought a clevis pin 3/8 x 2 inches with the variable pin holes and pick up a hairpin for it. I also took advice here and bought two washers to go under the head and the hairpin. For the rear axle attachment bracket, this one did not have holes for a pin, so I took Stephen's advice and tighten the bolts up. I could safety wire the levers in place though as a precautionary measure. :D

willy victor

I need to make part no.4 in the pic, can someone give me the dimensions and what size holes to drill. Thanks.

Willy

TT

Here's what you'll need, Willy:

One 5 1/4" long piece of 1/4" X 1 1/4" flat (strap) steel.

Scribe a line down the center of the piece "long-ways", 3/4" in from either side.

Measure in 3/4" from each end and mark a centerline for the holes. Centerpunch and drill to 3/8" for each hole. (hole spacing is 4 inches on center)

That's your link you need. :D

willy victor

Thanks Terry I'm going to make that part right now. I love being retired.

Willy

willy victor

Part made, waiting for the primer to dry, then a couple coats of red.

Willy

T-Mo

Good going, Willie. I wouldn't know about the retired part, I still have a few years. :thumbs:

TT

I can't wait to see it installed -- and if you can lift the plow without eating spinach! :thumbs: