APPALACHIAN EDGE

Quick Q&As

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Hi guys, it's been around 7 yrs since I've been on this sight some of the members I recognize & a ton of new ones. After some struggles & a lot of unavoidable changes I'm finally in a position to own another herd, small but enough for my physical & financial ability to handle these days! I'm learning to navigate the square again slowly so bare with me & my mistakes please!, (at least my caps aren't stuck in lock position anymore) lol some of you may remember that!

i need help with a RM425 deck I recently purchased , I need replacement blades but all I can find are 42 in ? My deck is 38 or less (exact measurements to follow later) Im beginning to wonder if the tag has been replaced? I want to add that it's great to have the good friends of likeminded people to turn to for help,support & general all around enjoyment of the Redsquare sight!!!😃

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

RM-425

RM = rotary mower

42 = 42" width of cut

5 = 1965

The original 5879 blade replaced by 100201 3-blade kit and no longer available (Hole 5/8in.x3/4in. Double-D)

You may find some old stock somewhere.

I do not know the length of the original blades. Measurements are normally taken diagonally from tip to tip.

Click on the picture

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Appalachianedge said:

My deck is 38 or less (exact measurements to follow later)

:WRS:        Welcome back!  A good measurement and a top and bottom photo of the deck will help.

KC9KAS

@Appalachianedge :text-welcomeconfetti: back to :rs:

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Thanx guys for the welcome backs! If what gwest has posted is the formula for the model number then the tag had to have been replaced ! I'll try to post pics w/exact measurements shortly... Thanx again my equine friends.

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Ok I jumped the gun a lil , deck seems to be 42 with around 38 in cut , duh! Now that that's cleared up anyone have any ideas where a feller could find replacement blades or what the part# might be?? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

953 nut
12 hours ago, Appalachianedge said:

anyone have any ideas where a feller could find replacement blades or what the part# might be??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/42-Rotary-1108-Lawnmower-Blade-Set-3-Toro-Wheel-Horse-100200-10-0200-6693/171715025743?epid=1113094794&hash=item27fb035b4f:g:P4oAAO

gwest_ca

Thought I spotted a mistake.

I posted that the RM-425 used blade set 100201. The original blade in 1965 was #5879 which was replaced by the 100201 3-blade set.

The RL-426 in 1966 used blade #6693 which was replaced by 100200 3-blade set.

This is correct if you use the mower blade charts published by Wheel Horse.

There must have been a difference in the sets but likely insignificant.

Garry

• Like 1

APPALACHIAN EDGE

Thanx so much ! Have some issues that have came up so may be a while b4 I can get back on this project but the information is very helpful , thanx again!

• Thanks 1