Ed Kennell

First crab for 2018

Ed Kennell

IMG_0054.JPG.3a94cbaecc89d8ffc1696c3745d161f5.JPG

And, no, that's not my crab shack behind me.

This is my camp.

IMG_0051.JPG.e4dbb22d1b5dc0e1dfea2e6eda989cd5.JPGIMG_0058.JPG.fb2a322670b4b44689927fbc54b500f0.JPG

Anyone know what this yellow headed crop is in Delaware?   Looks like mustard weed, but it is actually planted.

IMG_0057.JPG.a4f9ddb2cd63b6b109fe5d16df29fa48.JPG

Our first trip to Delaware this year found the camp in pretty good shape.   No winter damage.  Just an excess amount of  pine tree pollen and needles  to clean up and a tub/shower faucet that needed replaced.

• Like 6

WHX??

Nice Ed... looks like you need to get the top on the boat storage shed too. Interesting that's a planted crop. Also that the pine pollen is kinda early ain't it?

Ed Kennell
24 minutes ago, WHX17 said:

Nice Ed... looks like you need to get the top on the boat storage shed too. Interesting that's a planted crop. Also that the pine pollen is kinda early ain't it?

Getting the boat storage tent up is the first chore when I open the camp Jim.     For the past five years, we have had a pair of nesting Great Blue Herons  in the pine tree at the right rear corner of the boat tent.

They keep the tent white-washed till the young birds fledge in July.

The pines provide nice shade, but they do create some work.   First the needles and cones, then the pollen and then the blossoms.

It seems the Mustard Seed is a cover crop.http://www.johnnyseeds.com/farm-seed/brassicas/mustards/mustard-cover-crop-seed-3522.html

• Thanks 2