ebinmaine

SHE DROVE MY TRACTOR !!!

Retired Wrencher

Eric I think that is great. I hope she enjoyed the ride. :handgestures-thumbupright:.

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 3

Tuneup

You let her drive the tractor - magnanimous on Mothers' Day weekend. Good on ya.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

Did she come back? :lol: :occasion-xmas: :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 6

Jerry77

Watch out for those...roc... s...never mind....                   my wife drove mine one time...mower deck running ....ran up on a stump...it sat there running... she got off and said she didn't want to mow anymore.....went to the house....:lol:

• Haha 6

AMC RULES
4 minutes ago, squonk said:

:rolleyes: Yeah, who didn't see that coming?  :auto-swerve:

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Eric I think that is great. I hope she enjoyed the ride. :handgestures-thumbupright:.

I'd say the look on her face answers that..... :lol:

1 hour ago, squonk said:

Hahahahahaha!!

Yeah.... She did.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Amazing, how did you do it?

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Amazing, how did you do it?

Glenn

I'm not sure....

It only took me a year and a half to get her to try it.

• Like 4

dclarke

You'll be looking for one for her pretty soon, Eric.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

formariz

Lucky guy. And she looks real happy too!!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
36 minutes ago, dclarke said:

You'll be looking for one for her pretty soon, Eric.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'm hoping I can use it for an excuse... Ahhh....reason for another one....

18 minutes ago, formariz said:

Lucky guy. And she looks real happy too!!

I AM !!!!

Yeah she does.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

She was going kinda fast without a helmet...:ROTF:

• Haha 2

953 nut

The last time my wife drove a :wh: I was gathering up rocks and stones from the yard and putting them in a dump cart. Wife asked what I was going to do with them and told her I would dump them at the edge of the small creek that runs through our property. She wanted to drive the 953 so I talked her through backing up the dump cart and pulling the handle. She did great, then she looked forward without shifting into a forward gear and let the clutch out for a second. The cart and rear tires were in the creek, she shut it off and climbed over the hood insinuating I had let her do that intentionally. I started it up and it drove right out, none the worse for the wear. Wish I had a camera with me!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

dcrage

My wife drove my 310-8 into our concrete garage wall the first year I owned it. She thought it was in Reverse, had it in First instead. Nice dent in the hood and she has been hesitant to drive it since then even though I have put worse dents in it doing the same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, dcrage said:

thought it was in Reverse, had it in First instead. Nice dent in the hood and she has been hesitant to drive it since then even though I have put worse dents in it doing the same thing. 

That would be particularly easy to do with mine considering the shift plate is not there. Also, the shift knob is replaced with the awesome excellent Bulldog head that she bought me. So there's no indication whatsoever of where any of the gears are.

I only bought the sticker to remedy that situation about a year ago. You know. I'll get to it at some point.

I, too, have mistaken forward for backwards once or twice. I may have possibly pushed the hood back towards the steering wheel just a Scosche. Easy repair. Pulled back.

• Like 1

squonk
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I only bought the sticker to remedy that situation about a year ago. You know. I'll get to it at some point.

:)

In my child hood days we had a 604 that I mowed with. Drove it into the barn and wanted to turn it around and back in to it's stall. (It was an old horse carriage barn... how ironic) :occasion-xmas: My sister's bike was right in front of me. 24" Hd WesternFlyer with the fenders ect. Weighed a ton. :). It was leaning against an old horse corral.Thought I was in reverse but was in 3rd. Drove that tractor right up on that bike. Sister was screaming. I pushed the clutch in and rolled of. Shifted into reverse, or so I thought I did. Nope 3rd again and back up on the bike. More screaming! :) 

Did this like five times before I realized what was causing all of this. Didn't faze that bike at all! :lol: sister went to college and that bike was still there. My friends and I decided to have a bike demo derby 1 day. Guess who won! :occasion-xmas: I rode that bike home with twisted fenders and bent wheels. The buzz bikes went home in pieces to questioning parents. :)

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, squonk said:

:)

In my child hood days we had a 604 that I mowed with. Drove it into the barn and wanted to turn it around and back in to it's stall. (It was an old horse carriage barn... how ironic) :occasion-xmas: My sister's bike was right in front of me. 24" Hd WesternFlyer with the fenders ect. Weighed a ton. :). It was leaning against an old horse corral.Thought I was in reverse but was in 3rd. Drove that tractor right up on that bike. Sister was screaming. I pushed the clutch in and rolled of. Shifted into reverse, or so I thought I did. Nope 3rd again and back up on the bike. More screaming! :) 

Did this like five times before I realized what was causing all of this. Didn't faze that bike at all! :lol: sister went to college and that bike was still there. My friends and I decided to have a bike demo derby 1 day. Guess who won! :occasion-xmas: I rode that bike home with twisted fenders and bent wheels. The buzz bikes went home in pieces to questioning parents. :)

That is awesome!

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

posifour11

Stepdaughter was about 13 and stepson was around 10. I let them drive a couple around the pasture. Boy was I front, stopped. Girl decided to hurry him up and jammed the lever forward on my c160 auto. It reared up and planted the front tires on the rear fender of the boy's tractor. Nobody hurt, but they got a good education on the power of them. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

If your Honey ends up wanting one, make sure you let her pick the one that suits her.  Kelli loves her Big D—actually cut lawn with it on Mother’s Day.  I told her I would be happy to do it and she said she wanted to enjoy the fresh air.  I had built her a tractor years ago with a hand hydro.  She never felt comfortable on it and said that she wanted a foot control.  Set her up with that and power steering and she actually will tell me periodically that she wants to cut the lawn!  

Great video—thanks for sharing!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tankman

Reminds me of my wife, once riding the Stallion, it was hers. Rear discharge towing a sweeper, that was the end of my seat time.

The boys took over the snow plowing chores.

Guess it was nice pulling into the driveway, lawns looking good or snow cleared. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The guys have their own Horses now-a-days. Finally my turn! :ROTF:

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Tankman said:

Reminds me of my wife,

Finally my turn! :ROTF:

Luckily for me the only one I would have to fight to get on a horse is her.

I'm actually kind of hoping she tries to take one of them over so I can use that for a legitimate excuse to go get another one.

But.....

10 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

If your Honey ends up wanting one, make sure you let her pick the one that suits her.

Yeah, it would have to be substantially smaller than a b or c series. I don't have an adjustable seat on this tractor but I think even if it was all the way forward she would still need blocks on the pedals to reach right. Her words. Not mine.

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

ericj
11 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't have an adjustable seat on this tractor but I think even if it was all the way forward she would still need blocks on the pedals to reach right. Her words. Not mine.

a C series long stick hydro, C120 or even dare I say a C160 auto. My kids learned to drive tractor on a C120 AUTO. They don't need to reach the pedals and can control it pretty good

eric j 

• Like 1

Sarge

Maybe it was Northern Tool or something, but I know I've seen some seat bases that bolt onto existing seats/springs and allow quite a lot of adjustment front/rear. Due to injuries, I need my legs pretty much straight out when sitting on the tractor - all of mine have been modified to offset the seats further back and my wife can't get to the pedals easily. The last, and one time she drove the old 1277 to the gas station resulted in her punching the '68 Charger I rebuilt with the 1277's hood - she let go of the direction control handle at 3/4 throttle, not a good idea on the older Sundstrand without holding down the clutch/brake pedal. Glad I wasn't between the two machines, lol....

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart

My wife drove the 502 and was pulling something heavy in our washed out gravel drive at the old house, she was spinning tires so I hopped onto the hitch to give her some traction... and it reared right up in the air.  I reacted by jumping back, pushing the tractor back down and all was well.  She hasn't had any urge to drive my tractors since!  I guess that's why she owns that AC WD45 now, and I still play [work] with the :wh:.

• Like 3