HorseWhisperer

84 GT1800 freewheeling

HorseWhisperer

I recently picked up a nice GT 1800 and noticed it free wheels when not running.If I'm correct it has an eating 1100.I have never owned an wagon 1100 and used to the old sundstrand bo moving without releasing the bypass valve.I can deduct its supposed to roll due to it having an actual band brake and parking brake?Thanks in advance

BOB ELLISON

Yes the eaton 1100 has no release valve like the sundstrand does.  My old 520h with the eaton 1100  I could push it across my garage. But my C160 with the sundstrand I have to turn the release valve the move it 2 feet. I really like the

gt1848 gray color and I would like to have one to restore. Iv only seen a couple in the last 2 years for sale.  But they were really bad shape 

Edited by BOB ELLISON
  • Thanks 1

Bert

They roll but usually you’ll hear a clicking noise. If I correctly remember what I read in my 520h manual it’s ok to push them around but don’t tow them far if at all. 

@BOB ELLISON

seems to have hit the nail on the head. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

I bought a GT-1800 brand new in 84 and have pushed it when necessary for small distances. But like Bert said don't tow it. I'm currently doing a full blown restoration on mine and I hope to have it done for the big show but life keeps getting in the way!! 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HorseWhisperer

Thanks fellas.I been out of the loop for a couple years but not out of love

20180511_191156.jpg

• Like 3