jay bee

B-C vs 300-400

jay bee

I'm fairly familiar with the B and C Series tractors and am wondering if the 300 and 400 tractors are comparable.  What I mean is, does the B frame compare in size to the 300 and the C frame compare to the 400.  Would a 412-8 be about the same size tractor as the C-120 8 speed and would the B-100 and the 312-8 be basically the same tractor except for the engine size?

roadapples

Yes...

• Like 1

Racinbob

Can't compare them like that. They are all the same save for bells and whistles. The 76 and 77 B series was the same as a C series frame and transmission wise. Same goes for the 300 series vs 400 series but with a few exceptions. Again, bells and whistles and the tire size by a fuzz. Forget the B series starting in 1978 though. They became nothing more than a lawn tractor then. :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

The surest way to know is to go to our "Manuals Section" and do some old fashioned research. The parts that were carried over from year to year will have the same part number.

• Like 2

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat:

Reading your post again it's safe to say that all the models you mentioned share the same frame and are the same size.Not that they are 100% interchangeable because the footrest cross bars are likely located differently but still basically the same. BTW Jim, are you "the muffler guy" who makes the original style mufflers? I looked at them at Mentone last year but didn't have a need for one at that time. I do now. :)

• Like 1

jay bee

Thanks for the info on my post.  Yes, I am the guy that had the mufflers at Mentone.  I also had an ad in the Wheel Horse Tractors classified here on RS.  I closed that ad when I ran out of mufflers.  I have since put in another order for more (I don't make them, I have them made by a Custom Exhaust Manufacturer).  I will PM you.  Thanks for the interest.

• Like 1