Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

Need a complete Spindle Housing

boovuc

Hi Guys/Gals,

I had a top bearing go south on me on a much older 42" Side Discharge deck I recently had welded. (WH C Series, 300/400/500 compatible). The model number tag is long long gone on it. It is probably an 05-42MS01 but I'm not sure. The deck itself is very solid. Just needed some cracks taken care of on the adjuster mount.

I removed the spindle housing and took it apart and found that the housing was cracked right through one of the bolt thread holes so it needs to be replaced. The spindle has a large flat piece at the bottom that the blade goes up against verses the smaller backing found on most of my other decks. The spindle has a keyway and the pulley is held in place by a key.

I really don't want to change out all the spindles on this deck but in all my "extra parts", I don't have this spindle housing or spindle spare. (Or bearings for the damn thing, pardon my French). :P

If anyone has a complete spindle, please shoot me a PM here or answer back.

I have a spare deck on this tractor but I have no spare mower decks ready to go at the moment. I may gut a newer rear-discharge deck of all it's parts and use all three on this side discharge if need be. (I don't care for the rear-discharge decks). Quicker fix is to address the one bad spindle/housing.

Thanks in Advance!