Deadguy

Henry is Horsing around again!

Sparky

Both hands on the wheel. You taught him well! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tuneup

Careful now. By the time he's two, he'll insist on driving your pickup.

Retired Wrencher

Deadguy  Nice tractor. Looks like a real worker Is that a larger engine in that B80? Maybe a 10 or 12?

• Like 1

Tankman

Henry looks great and just like my grandsons. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Charlie_Linus.jpg.d9972c2535f4da4927446157688fe795.jpg

• Like 1

Deadguy
3 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Deadguy  Nice tractor. Looks like a real worker Is that a larger engine in that B80? Maybe a 10 or 12?

That B80 is equipped with a K341 engine and a 8-speed.

• Like 1

Deadguy
3 hours ago, Tuneup said:

Careful now. By the time he's two, he'll insist on driving your pickup.

Good luck, you’d have to get him off the tractor first!!!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Luv that picture, I think thst horse is Henrys now. 

Glenn

• Like 1

Herder
15 hours ago, Deadguy said:

I know it has been a while since Henry was last on here, but now that spring is finally here, Henry is Horsing around again! Here he is, plowing up the pumpkin patch this past afternoon.

5A734E1D-4078-4BC4-9411-5345D4AD99FC.jpeg

1FE6EFF2-DFC0-4250-BCEB-B4AF45FF19E8.jpeg

Hell of a job Henry! and a real nice WH 

pfrederi

When i see all your plowing discing pictures I always wonder what it would be lie to have soil i could actually work with WH.  All Ii have is rocks interspersed with the some crappy clay soil. It is almost painful to feel the WH tiller bouncing up and down when I work some soil.  Haven' t tried my WH moldboard plow.  My 38 HP Case DC3 had to work a bit pulling a two bottom plow.  the 6 ft double gang disc just bounces along on the rocks even with 250 lbs of weights stacked on it.

WNYPCRepair
24 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

When i see all your plowing discing pictures I always wonder what it would be lie to have soil i could actually work with WH.  All Ii have is rocks interspersed with the some crappy clay soil. It is almost painful to feel the WH tiller bouncing up and down when I work some soil.  Haven' t tried my WH moldboard plow.  My 38 HP Case DC3 had to work a bit pulling a two bottom plow.  the 6 ft double gang disc just bounces along on the rocks even with 250 lbs of weights stacked on it.

I have gone to a no till method, with hay mulch. Google Ruth Stout method. There are an awful lot of people who say it works great, and after 3 to 5 years, you have some really nice dirt. This is my first year trying it, so I will have to let you know. I am using compost to make rows on top of my worthless clay soil, and covering with hay. We will have to see how well it works. It also has the added benefit of no weeds. You can also use wood chips, google Back to Eden garden. Don't mix the chips with the dirt, just use them as mulch, or they will rob nitrogen from the soil. Sitting on top will avoid robbing the plants of nitrogen

In both cases, the founder of the methods looked at the fields and woods and said, if nature doesn't plow and till, why do I have to. My soil is so bad, in the summer, even in shade it dries like concrete, with cracks you can stick your hand in up to the wrist, even in the shade, and grass barely grows

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Deadguy said:

That B80 is equipped with a K341 engine and a 8-speed.

Nicely done sir

I've been considering doing the same thing myself.

I have a weird combination sitting on my shed floor as a parts piece. 74 or 5 frame with a 76 or 7/8 speed.

I think all I would need to do is buy a 1974 or 5 Hood.

Did you have to modify the tractor chassis or hood or anything like that?

Deadguy
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Nicely done sir

I've been considering doing the same thing myself.

I have a weird combination sitting on my shed floor as a parts piece. 74 or 5 frame with a 76 or 7/8 speed.

I think all I would need to do is buy a 1974 or 5 Hood.

Did you have to modify the tractor chassis or hood or anything like that?

The tractor was configured that way when I got it.  I know the hood is not modified, I am not sure about the rest.

ebinmaine

Super cool man

Deadguy
28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Super cool man

It doesn’t look modified at all, almost like it was special ordered or dealer converted.

ebinmaine

No particular rush but I'd love to see a couple of pictures from either side close up with the hood up and the hood down.

The driving force for me behind doing this is that I have a medium length chassis that is in much better condition than the c-160 chassis and I'm wondering if I should swap the k341 on to that one. I think all I would have to do is order a hood for a B.

Deadguy
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No particular rush but I'd love to see a couple of pictures from either side close up with the hood up and the hood down.

The driving force for me behind doing this is that I have a medium length chassis that is in much better condition than the c-160 chassis and I'm wondering if I should swap the k341 on to that one. I think all I would have to do is order a hood for a B.

The K341 will fit under all the horizontal shaft B,C, 300, 400, 500 series hoods without modifications.

ebinmaine
Just now, Deadguy said:

The K341 will fit under all the horizontal shaft B,C, 300, 400, 500 series hoods without modifications.

Hmmmmmmm......

That's good info there. Thanks! We might be onto something here.

Blondeflutterby

Deadguy and Henry 

9E888869-85D4-4318-8C5F-5FF8064268F5.jpeg

Edited by Blondeflutterby
Added picture
  • Excellent 1