rovert21

300 series attachments?

rovert21

HI there I was wondering if there was any rear hitches available for the 300 series tractors, and rear attachments/ implements like a single bottom plow or anything like that? I'm pretty sure there is a bagger attachment for the 300 series I was looking for opinions on how well they work and also maybe a few pictures of one so i know what to look for. I believe the ones i keep finding for sale are for newer models but im not sure what they are supposed to look like or how they attach?

squonk

All you need is a std. slot hitch that came on the early Horses. Bolts right on the rear pin on the trans. Then a lift cable to the lift rockshaft. This is on a C-145. Then a old WH slot hitch plow and your all set! :banana-jumprope:IMG_0050.JPG.d720d13cb923f803a129c77b4033f18d.JPG

Here's another but blurry pic on my 1267. Same thing as your 300

upgrades_006.thumb.JPG.5b3f7d49b7590772b6112b75e83d6be7.jpg.c97c2fe3f84f5230bf117c3be5b71830.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

rovert21

Oh ok. what do you mean by the lift rockshaft. would that be the same point of connections as the mower deck / snow plow lift arm? Or would i have to add something to raise and lower it.

squonk

Yes. You need to run a lift cable to the back.

WVHillbilly520H

The B,C and 3,4,500 series are all basically the same tractor frame/ attachment wise, the newer version of the slot hitch is the "clevis" hitch which opens up more universal implements like you are referring to usually sold under the "Brinley" name or by Sears under the Craftsman name there's a couple others like Agri-fab and Ohio Steel, here's a couple pics moldboard plow, disc, York rake, rear scraper/box blade ect, the rockshaft is what the lift arm (if you're manual) rotates between the frame rails to raise and lower the deck but shown in my last 2 pics of a hydro but basically the same the last pic underneath shows the chain going from the deck/floating snow plow lift arm to the rockshaft you can see the small clevis (center right of pic) on the rockshaft that is the cable that goes out the back over the transaxle to the rear lift unit whether slot or clevis, hope this helps, Jeff.   @wheelhorseman can help you with getting the correct complete rear clevis hitch kit.

IMAG4136.jpg

IMAG4132.jpg

IMAG4134.jpg

IMAG3375.jpg

IMAG3540.jpg

IMAG3113.jpg

withattachment.jpg

IMAG2067.jpg

IMAG3556.jpg

• Like 1

dcrage

There is a non-power assisted bagging system specifically designed for the 37” SD deck which was compatibile with the 300 series equipped with 6” front wheels. It works well. 42” SD decks have bagging available but require a belt driven “booster unit”. 

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

This list will give you an idea of what can be used.

WH Interchange 1955-2000.pdf

• Like 1

rovert21

ok, thanks for the pictures and info. I do have a 42'' side discharge deck does anyone have more info or pictures of a bagging unit for it?

gwest_ca

Click on the pictures

There are more but this is a start

Garry