ericjr16

Been awhile but finally got another Wheelhorse!

Rock farmer

Looks to be in good shape for its age!

id say that’s a good deal!

joe

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Sure looks like it's gonna clean up nice. 

Good luck with it.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Tankman
29 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Sure looks like it's gonna clean up nice. 

Good luck with it.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

:text-yeahthat: Looks great!

• Like 1

ericjr16

Thanks guys! I only took these pictures as I wasn't sure what the guy would think. I'll update you all when I settle in tonight. Going to be big morning. Might have to make multiple trips depending on room.

• Like 1

WHX??

The D's are beast and ther would be one in my herd for that price. Good luck with her  and keep us posted on your progress with it!

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

For what you paid for tractor and equipment, even if you had to put a motor in it, you did good! I like the Horses more and more verses my cubs. I will always have cubs, but before long I will have as many horses as cubs! 

:woohoo:

Randy

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   That looks like Kohler twin engine, great power plant. Be sure to open the "Tow Valve" before attempting to move it.

• Like 1

ericjr16

Thanks guys! I did download owners manual and saw tow valve. We had heck of a time loading as guys skid steer wouldnt start.  Had to struggle to load tractor as it wouldnt fire or crank with key there. Turned out we flooded it there and safety switches stuck. Once home we cleaned plugs and it fired and ran great! Huge mouse nest in tins so kept it short. Turned bypass back after it sat and restarted it. The hydraulics work and it moves. 

The tiller was packed with hay and took a hour to clear. Had to remove it to load the tractor. Plans are to clean it tommorrow and replace fuel line and tank shut off. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ericjr16

My IPhone was unable to upload pictures so I just got them onto computer from my main camera. Hoping to go to my friends small engine shop for shut-off on tank and get fuel system fixed, then try to drive it into shop for mouse nest removal and lube everything!

Why won't the site allow me to upload any pictures? It says I can only do .67MB?

ericjr16

Ok I joined up after realizing my error! Well worth the money for the help! 

DSCN3488.JPG

DSCN3489.JPG

DSCN3490.JPG

DSCN3491.JPG

DSCN3493.JPG

DSCN3494.JPG

DSCN3495.JPG

DSCN3496.JPG

DSCN3497.JPG

DSCN3498.JPG

DSCN3500.JPG

DSCN3501.JPG

DSCN3502.JPG

DSCN3503.JPG

DSCN3504.JPG

DSCN3505.JPG

DSCN3506.JPG

DSCN3507.JPG

DSCN3508.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

WHX??

Your name looks better in RED Eric... Speaking of the color that is a fine pile of red for the money...you did real well! Ags look to be serviceable & extra set of rims, ...3 pt hitch! :woohoo:

• Excellent 3

ericjr16

Thank you sir! I’m part of a few forums and see the value in supporting them! 

I went to my friends and got a shut off. I’ll have to get it running to move it. My back injury is smarting moving all that stuff!

ericjr16

Well got on it today. Took side panel and console cover off to replace fuel line and clean negative cable. Washed all the grease off and decals broke/blew off hood. Will be ordering new ones. Fixed the positive cable and fired it up. The starter lead is acting up, tried to remove but to the feeling of it possibly breaking stud. Might take it to auto electric shop that rebuilt my Sears Suburban generator. This thing is weird to drive!! So much bigger than my Suburban. The shifter is sloppy, I adjusted friction but but seems like a bushing is bad. Also no brake action really? Where is the adjustment for parking brake?

Any help from you guys would be appreciated. I didn’t find info in owners manual I downloaded. 

• Like 1

Herder
On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 9:07 AM, ericjr16 said:

Ok I joined up after realizing my error! Well worth the money for the help! 

DSCN3488.JPG

DSCN3489.JPG

DSCN3490.JPG

DSCN3491.JPG

DSCN3493.JPG

DSCN3494.JPG

DSCN3495.JPG

DSCN3496.JPG

DSCN3497.JPG

DSCN3498.JPG

DSCN3500.JPG

DSCN3501.JPG

DSCN3502.JPG

DSCN3503.JPG

DSCN3504.JPG

DSCN3505.JPG

DSCN3506.JPG

DSCN3507.JPG

DSCN3508.JPG

Wow that's a great score!!!!! I brought home a D160 at the time it didn't run ether and I can remember what a challenge it was to load. oooman

• Excellent 1

classiccat

Sheesh... that BigD needs its own zip code Eric!!

Does it even fit on your lift? :occasion-snowman:

• Haha 2

ericjr16
2 hours ago, classiccat said:

Sheesh... that BigD needs its own zip code Eric!!

Does it even fit on your lift? :occasion-snowman:

Actually BARELY!! Only lifted it a little due to fear of falling off! We got all new fuel line from tank to pump and then to carb, with filter and a shut-off close to carb for my back instead of using the tank mounted one I replaced. Here is a video of its first drive with fuel setup done. All the lights work after some wiring repair and checking the bulb. 

DSCN3536.JPG

DSCN3537.JPG

DSCN3535.JPG

DSCN3541.JPG

DSCN3542.JPG

DSCN3543.JPG

DSCN3540.JPG

• Excellent 2

Jerzguy2

What a beautiful find, I almost sent you a PM and said, how would you like to make a good profit !

• Like 1

ericjr16

Hey guys a question on the shifter. Any known wear items common on the shift linkage? It sure is vague. I need to look up the parts manual in the forum library( BTW very helpful to me!!)

ACman

Eric can’t help you with your problem but what a score :handgestures-thumbupright: ! Congrats .... and is that a mid mount grader that came with your D too.

Yes having your name in red sure does make things easier and I’m sure someone soon will be by to help you out. Maybe @Sarge has some ideas.

Edited by ACman
  • Thanks 1

ericjr16
8 minutes ago, ACman said:

Eric can’t help you with your problem but what a score :handgestures-thumbupright: ! Congrats .... and is that a mid mount grader that came with your D too.

Yes having your name in red sure does make things easier and I’m sure someone soon will be by to help you out. Maybe @Sarge has some ideas.

Thanks man! I just printed the hydro manual on adjusting the linkage! Hope this gets me in ball park!

• Like 1

Sarge

The biggest wear areas I found on mine are the main handle's pivot point, the fork that allows that handle to move between forward/reverse, and especially the linkage rod ends that go between the direction handle and the pump itself. It took a lot of work to get the slop out of all of that linkage and balance it to work with the parking brake and not fight itself or damage the pump/motor. Make certain when going through the drawings you are looking at the right version - I think there are 4 different variations. I had to take mine completely apart and repair or make a few new parts - took some time but it works well now. The biggest concern is always the pump coupling/pump splines - keep an eye on it. Lack of braking action points to wear in the pump's pistons and plate as well as the hydraulic motor's parts.

Sarge

• Excellent 1

ericjr16

Not sure why but my dad is now wanting to sell it instead of restore it. My friend wants it but not sure what he is doing. It might be for sale. I gave up trying to keep certain tractors of late. I scored a nice Sears Suburban 16 hp onan for $100. Was forced to sell it as well. Thought this one was keeper!