StanC160

C160

StanC160

hello my name is Stan I just joined the forum own a c161 with mower deck and snowblade and a c160 with a tiller have only owned them about a year have a chance to buy a gt14 with a snowblade no other attachments with it has been outside and not ran for about 5 years the owner wants no less than $475 

Sparky

I personally think that’s a bit steep for something you can’t test. Imagine dropping $475 of your hard earned dollars to find the motor smokes like a freight train and the hydro tranny is shot.

And if that was the case it would tough to part out in an attempt to get your investment back.

Very risky in my book at that price point.

• Like 5

StanC160

I agree I know this fellow he is a friend and in not in good health he insists he is going to get it running has a new battery for it bit wont budge on price motor is not stuck and he used to use it until he bought a new john deere sub compact about 5 years ago no room in shed so left it outside motor not set up I offered $350 said hed think about it

953 nut

:WRS:

7 hours ago, StanC160 said:

the owner wants no less than $475

The owner is out of his mind!    There are too many potential problems to ever pay that much for a non-running GT-14. I have a GT-14 and love it, but without driving it you have no idea if the ignition system works or the transmission.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Stan :WRS: Just take you time with this. Try and get it running before you buy.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Non running? Not worth more than 100 max...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@StanC160 :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

Are you from Indiana? Your avatar says I diana.

Edited by KC9KAS

StanC160

Yes I live in northeast Indiana grew up on a grain farm years ago have a few old farm tractors that run but are unrestored

Bttatro

Plenty of nicer and cheaper :wh: in Indiana.  Keep your money and shop around.

Oh yeah, :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Keith

Being a friend he'll let you try to start it.  If he is close by that's what I'd do.  There is no hurry to sell.  Take your time and check it out.  In the least you'd be helping him out.   

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Stan.    :wh:.        :text-welcomeconfetti:. To red square. Best of luck, keep us posted.

Glenn

StanC160
On 4/28/2018 at 11:04 PM, StanC160 said:

hello my name is Stan I just joined the forum own a c161 with mower deck and snowblade and a c160 with a tiller have only owned them about a year have a chance to buy a gt14 with a snowblade no other attachments with it has been outside and not ran for about 5 years the owner wants no less than $475 

StanC160

Ill make appt and try to get running myself the owner would let me work on it rather have an eight speed 10 to 16hp though but this is close to home Thanks for all the welcomes from all you wheel horse owners

• Like 2

c-series don

Stan can you post some pictures of your tractors?

StanC160

20171111_131830.jpg.5f86a9363c97714f7df247caa0d25c94.jpg

• Like 1

StanC160

Here is the c160 with tiller I bought from the fellow that has gt14 this unit was kept in the garage runs good has cable wire to lift or lower tiller but is homemade tiller doesnt lift completely offf the ground needs adjusted purchased about year agao