SS396

522XI Hydraulic Issue

SS396

Hello.   I am about to purchase a 522XI with close to 1100 hours.   The owner says you have to warm it up a couple of minutes before the hydraulics work and that it operates properly afterwards.  I am told it has had this symptom during his entire ownership which is about 4 years.   I currently own a 314H and really don't know anything about the 522XI.     Does the hydraulic  warm up issue sound like a big deal or is it some common thing with this tractor?    

shallowwatersailor

The three 5xi that I have owned could move and raise the hydraulics almost immediately. But the most hours of the three was under 800 hours. I would check the level of oil in the transmission/transaxle. On the 522xi there is also a filter behind the left intake screen for the hydraulic steering. This could also effect the response. It needs to be removed and unscrewed to clean the screen. There is also a filter (similar to your 314H) underneath the chassis that may not have been changed for a while. That could contribute to a slow response as well.

If you do purchase the 522xi, change the transmission/transaxle oil to a synthetic 10W30 and a Wix 1410 filter. I personally use Mobil 1, and the Wix filter has flutes on the end which makes it easier to remove the next time. I always have trouble with the smooth Toro filter.

• Like 2

Dennys502

Anything Hydraulic needs to warm up before using especially when its cold. I don't use the 523dxi in the winter but I always let it warm up before using.

It's hard on the pump if the oil isn't warm.

• Excellent 1