Goldnboy

417 H

Goldnboy

@ only $250 and Just a half hour away  but in a "bad area" and is a flag for possible for junk is a 417 H with dozer weights and chains. I am not much of a hydro guy and the Onan looks good but appears to have 587 hrs.

Would the blade work on a B80 8 speed?

Or should I acquire and part with my B80 since it has a 42" deck?

Screenshot_20180427-074914.png

dcrage

Isn’t that picture of a 416-H??  I am guessing 417 was a typo in the original post. Golden, a 417-A is s late 80s tractor with a Kohler engine. What is in the picture would seem to be a mid 90’s tractor with an Onan engine and would be a steal if operating correctly for $250. 

Edited by dcrage
  • Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

From the running boards that style of thick pad is 1996-97 the 95 and older had the thin glue on mats, other than the front axle and lower HP it's just like having a 520H , IMO the Onan has the best power if they're properly maintained but on the same hand the wiring was Toro's downside, but where else are you going to find a comparable L&G today for $250 with a snow plow? and yes the plow will work on the B80 but this way you'll have your dedicatedwinter horse with hydraulic lift and no clutching to find the right gear and the B80 to mow with, just my :twocents-twocents:, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

I am not much of a hydro guy

Once you spend a couple hours pushing snow with a hydro and hydraulic lift you will be a big fan of hydros. The Eaton 1100 is a great unit and at $ 250 you better get over there soon or it will be gone.

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
5 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

I am not much of a hydro guy and the Onan looks good but appears to have 587 hrs.

Along with what @953 nut said, 20 years ago I was on the fence about a hydro tractor, but let me say ever since I bought my first 520H brand new, I quite frankly wonder why everyone shies away from them (why did just about EVERY manufacturer tout their top of the line top HP garden tractor equipped with some version of a hydrostatic transaxle vs a gear drive unit?) they all have their pros and cons but a do everything 1 rig hydro with hydraulic lift is the way to go, I do have 2 SCUT tractors with the gear box but mainly because I got very good deals on both vs hydros of the same class, as you get older your shoulder(s) with thank you, another example of this is my dad (now 80) was all about clutching gears but a few years ago he realized that he couldn't lift the attachments (snow blower/rear blade ect) by armstrong power on his beloved CC 1200 so I found him a CC 1450 hydro/hydralic lift to use just for that very reason, Jeff.

• Like 1

Goldnboy

Here's an update: after visual inspection: noted both axles leak oil a lot luckily owner parks in same spot so it can been seen how much has been leaving, the underside of the engine had oil on it and was wet not dried on or coverd in dirt , and the trans didnt register any oil on the dipstick. Then the start test killed me...the whole time a blue smoke would swirl out the exaust. I figured this needed more help than I had $$ and time for. I was interested in the blade and possible backup machine, but figured for the dirt work i wish to use it for it didnt make sense. (Oh here in Mo we dont get much more than 3" of snow, hope that wording doesn't cause another snow storm for New England)

Edited by Goldnboy
  • Sad 1