blake616

Belt confusion

blake616

I ordered a new belt for my 520H from the Toro dealer last week. This is the belt from the PTO to the deck. The part number I gave them was 102742. The belt I received had a part number of 94-2501. Put it on last night and it was obviously the wrong belt... way too long. The package stated it was 103" long. 

I'm assuming the part number I gave them may be old and maybe the belt now has a new number. 

Checked my parts manual for my deck and I have the correct number. It states this belt is in fact a 102742 and the deck V belt is 1594. 

Can someone give me the correct Toro number?

Thanks....Dick

blake616

Just measured the old belt i took off last night. I measures right at 101”.  From what i have found online this belt measures 103”?  I also found the deck belt 1594 measures 107”.  

How do i find the correct belt?

daveoman1966

94-2501 replaces 102742.  That belt is 103" length.  Do you have the belt in the INNER 'V' if the PTO pulley where is should be...NOT the OUTER V.   Is the deck mounter correctly...?  Are the two IDLER pulleys in the mule drive the correct size (about 4" dia).  Do yu have the correct MULE DRIVE... The mule drive for trhe 60" deck is much different. 

blake616

Yes I have the belt on the correct pulley, the deck is mounted correctly and the idler pulley is the correct one. I guess I need to do more investigation. I have 2 other Wheel Horses that I can use as a reference. I started digging through my cabinet of extra Wheel Horse parts and belts later last night and found 3 more new 94-2501 belts still in bags. I suspect I've had this issue previously and that's why I have all the extra belts. I headed back to the Toro dealer at lunch with the old belt. Maybe I can make sense to this there?

blake616

What keyed me into thinking I have the wrong belt was the back that I had the screw on the mule drive almost all the way out and the belt was still loose on the mule drive and deck pulley

blake616

Update:  Just took the old worn out belt to another Toro dealer. The cross-referenced the 102742 older number to a 94-5401. I asked to see the belt to compare to the old one. Exact fit !  I think I have 3-4 belts labeled 94-2501 that have the packaging mis-labeled. 

• Excellent 1