Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Opps I did it again...

Sparky

So I'm cruising home from work and I'm about a mile from my house when I see something in a guys front yard for sale. It wasnt a Wheel Horse this time. It was a 2000 Honda Rancher 350 4X4 with a plow. It had 1735 miles on it and ran good with almost new tires. He was the original owner and had all the paper work and manuals for it. I ended up buying it and so now I have a rescue vehicle for those pond crossings.

Karl, I'll get ya some pics this weekend so ya can post em for me...thanks.

Mike....reading the new manual tonight....

Rollerman

Mike nice find with the Rancher, things run forever.

As far as the pond crossings go....kid at work has a 4X4 ATV "Kawi 360" with big tire kit & lots of pool styro floats shoved into any space big enough.

He actually can float it & drive it .....MY Arctic Cat weighs 800 some pounds & makes a better submarine not unlike a Wheel Horse

nylyon

Well Mike, didn't think that you would need to resort to that. Nope not at all. Your Son taking all the seat time on the tractors and all, you had to go out and get him to change interest into a 4-wheeler just so you can get some seat time. For shame...... Well I suppose he'll give up the WH all together now, but that was the plan all along now wasn't it? :D

Sparky

You watch to much C.S.I ........but yer right about my son and the quad! He was drivin it around the yard tonight and I could see in his eyes that he thought he was in heaven. All I heard was can "I move it over here Dad?"...."Do you want me to drive it into the shed Dad?"......"Can I go in the woods Dad?". So I have definately scored some big points with him but maybe not as many with Momma. I kinda didnt mention it till I had allready bought it and unloaded it off the trailer into the back yard! She dont like the way it tears up the grass so as soon as the plow is off it it'll be used in the woods on the trails only.

Mike...checkin grass seed prices in Ct.....

nylyon

I'll bet this is ALL your son thought about today!!! You too!

Quad001.jpg

Quad004.jpg

Quad007.jpg

Quad008.jpg

Next is "Hey dad, can I borrow the truck!"

nylyon

Well, I think that the Wheel Horse has made its last trip to the pond...... :D

Sparky

Yer probably right about that last trip to the pond part. I took off the plow and was able to take it into the woods and its unstoppable! I went thru some mud and its not even spinnin its tires. I suppose some really deep mud would be a challege but I'm still a novice quad rider so I took it easy.

My son was begging to ride it as soon as I got home and I was happy to accomadate him.

Mike...