clueless

Deck wheels (casters)

clueless

Just got a couple of OEM wheels and shoulder bolts for my 1997 36"rd deck, the old ones just had the bolt the wheel and the nut, no washers, I have two other 36"rd and two 36sd deck, all four are from the mid '70s thru the early '80s, I also have a 1988 37" sd, they all have washer in some configuration, only two with the same set up. I have a parts diagram for the 1997, Md.78305, it shows no washer, I have a parts diagram for the late '70s deck, shows two special washer on each wheel. Anyone know why the difference, and am I over think this again, and just use the bolt and nut, like shown in the '97 parts diagram? 

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:             I would use a washer or two to take up any slop or play, otherwise no need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anglo Traction

:text-yeahthat: :thumbs:.

20 hours ago, clueless said:

............ Anyone know why the difference, and am I over think this again, and just use the bolt and nut, like shown in the '97 parts diagram? 

Would the examples with no Washers have Plastic Wheels/Nylon Bushings?. Not sure when they went Plastic, or it could be the Toro 'Bean Counters' influencing Design/Ass'y :confusion-shrug:.